Crew Wanted

For notice of adhoc sails in company

Crew Wanted

Postby ianrmaciver » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:21 pm

After a year slacking , I plan to resume my meander around the coast . In mid May I will trail Minnie from Cambridge to Troon , launch and head south for two or three weeks aiming to make Devon. The route , either via the Isle of Man and the Welsh coast or via the Irish east coast will be influenced by the weather. My regular crew is off sailing in warmer waters , so I'm looking for "competent crew". Maybe other boats will be interested in joining in "en flotilla ".
As several potential legs of the trip will be 50 miles or so , it will be necessary to sail over night . This we have generally covered with 2 hour watches , so crew needs to be comfortable sailing solo for the periods on watch.
Minnie is well equipped with Nav lights , VHF , AIS , chart plotter , dinghy , liferaft ,2 PLBs , lifejackets with built in hood and lights, boom tent , cockpit hood etc..
So far on the journey we have visited the following pots :- Harwich , Lowestoft , Wells , Bridlington , Whitby , Tynemouth , Ambleside , Holy Island , Eyemouth, Anstruther , Arbroath , Peterhead , Whitehills , Lossiemouth , Inverness , Fort Augustus , Corpach , Dunstaffnage , Crinan , East Loch Tarbet , Troon . Three of the legs were overnight with Wells to Bridlington being the longest at 84 miles , over 22 hours .
Generally we have sailed "two up " although Harwich to Wells was " three up".
I plan to launch for a "shake down" sail on the Orwell during April.
Pm me if interested.
Ian CC19 Minnie (85)
ianrmaciver
CC19 Association Member

Re: Crew Wanted

Postby Dennis » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Hello Ian

It sounds great.

Would you like me to publish your request as a news item on the website?
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Return to Adhoc Social Sails