CC19 Rally 2021

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Re: CC19 Rally 2021

Postby erbster » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:31 am

Paul Turner wrote:Hi all
We've now got 11 boats signed up subject to various uncertainties. Good to see the regulars as well as some new faces.
Most of the 11 are on my Whatsapp group and the rest will be added as soon as they provide details.

6 boats trailing to Poole:
Moneypenny - Gary
Mary Ann - Dennis
Tystie - Alistair and Kate
Wadudu - Tony
Rondo - Malcolm
Cape Whisper - Donald

5 boats sailing in or joining in Solent
Sapphire - Paul
Aurora - Charles
Sea Badger II - Phil
Grace - Julian
Skylark - Mathew

These numbers might change a bit but I suspect not much so I can now start providing estimated numbers to the marinas.
That’s a great turnout!
Thanks for setting this up, Paul.
This gives us all something hopeful to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:18 pm

Now 12. Andrew and family are now signed up with Lady Bird.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby Matthew L » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:56 pm

erbster wrote:
Matthew L wrote:Hi everyone I would very much like to join the rally on Skylark should restrictions allow. Would hope to persuade one of my sons to come as well. The boat is based in Southampton so not sure we would get down to Poole could join when the rally gets to the Solent. Would be great to meet you all. Thanks Matt

I’ll be sailing from Gosport. Perhaps meet in Yarmouth on Friday night and sail to Poole on Saturday? ( I’ve not looked at tides yet)

Charles
Aurora
It’s possible I could meet on the Friday or Saturday however I do work most weekends so it’s difficult to commit at the moment. Sounds like a good plan though if things work out. Otherwise may be able to start Sunday.
Matt
Skylark

Matthew L
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:45 am

There’s still a fair bit of uncertainty all round! Let’s see what works nearer the time.

Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Simon Head » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi Paul/Charles

Count me in!

Halcyon only had a week out last year to Ullswater. It was when theose storms came rolling in in August so wasnt even relaxing weather!

Spent last year sorting out my Triumph motorcycles.

regardss

Simon Head
Halcyon CC40

www.inspiration19.com
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:27 pm

Great to have you along!

Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:49 pm

Hi All

An update on plans and a further invitation to any new participants. We already have a good turnout; 13 Cape Cutters and a guest appearance from Bob and Loretta with their Sadler 29; but we are very keen to welcome anybody else. We're particularly keen to welcome CC19 owners who haven't done rallies before. I can guarantee that the group is very welcoming and supportive and you will have a great week whatever your level of experience.

I'm now very confident that the rally will go ahead. The catering will need to remain flexible for now and will depend on how quickly the coronavirus restrictions are lifted. But I'm sure the marinas and sailing will be fine. We now have a base sorted and an outline itinerary with some reservations already in place. We'll be starting in Lymington, not Poole as original planned. This will give us more options and flexibility and will make it easier for people to get home after attending the OGA rally in Yarmouth which is only a few miles away across the solent.

The outline plan is to have a few easy days in the western solent visiting the main beauty spots including Beaulieu and Cowes. We will then, weather permitting, cruise to Poole for a night on the quay before returning the following day in time for the start of the OGA rally in Yarmouth.

I've been in regular contact with the OGA reps and they're keen to welcome us to their rally. I haven't been to an OGA rally before but it will be nice to be part of a bigger sailing community. (If you want to know what an OGA rally is like talk to Charles.) The Yarmouth rally is a big part of their regular programme and, like ours, had to be cancelled last year. They're currently putting their programme together but I understand their will be 'friendly' races on both Friday and Saturday as well as other opportunities for cruising in company.

I've set up a WhatsApp group for more detailed communication with participants so if you're not yet on it download the app and accept my invitation.

See you all soon.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:30 pm

Paul thank you for this, really optimistic news! The outline itinerary is varied and interesting. The OGA rally at Yarmouth will be an entertaining addition to our rally - my experience of these gatherings is a great sense of community and some great entertainment. Make sure you bring bunting to dress your boat!

Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ian Brett » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:04 am

Hi Cath and I would like to meet you all and sail Bella 76 with the group for the first time.
Please keep us informed about the plans, fingers crossed....
Ian Brett
Ian Brett
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:42 am

That's great, Ian. Look forward to meeting you and Cath in a few months. I've sent you a link for the WhatsApp group.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Association Events