2023 Rally

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

2023 Rally

Postby PaulHardy » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Cape Cutter 19 – 2023 Rally

Plans are now progressing well for the Cape Cutter 19 Association Rally for 2023. The plan is to sail along the Devonshire Coast from Plymouth to Dartmouth, 27 May – 3 June taking the opportunity to explore the upper reaches of five rivers along the way.

We shall be launching in Plymouth. Plymouth Sound offers excellent protected waters for the shake-down sail and a quick trip up the River Plym prior to starting the Rally in earnest. Navigating the Rivers Lynher (and up to St Germans) and the River Tamar (and up to Calstock) on the flooding tide should permit some interesting inland sailing (motoring?). Catching the ebb we then start our westward adventure, first heading to the River Yealm. Prevailing winds should then give us a day’s sail to Salcombe. If the weather has been favourable we should be able to make a visit to Brixham, another day’s sail away, prior to retracing our tracks in order to spend a couple of days on the River Dart (and up to Totnes). We will be mostly in marinas, but for those seeking peace and solitude the Lyner River and upper reaches of the Salcombe Estuary offer some beautiful and peaceful anchorages. We haul out from a slip on the Dart having recovered our cars and trailers. For those who seek additional sea-time there is an option of sailing back to Plymouth stopping at Salcombe along the way.

Please register your interest through this forum thread.

Paul Hardy – Cape Cutter 19 – Stardust - Sail No: 114
PaulHardy
CC19 Association Member

Re: 2023 Rally

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:37 pm

You bet! I’m in.

Thanks so much for taking on the organisation Paul

Cheers

Malcolm
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Postby Andrew Scullion » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:10 pm

I love sailing around this coast, so Ladybird and crew will join if we can, work permitting.
We took Ladybird for a week sailing the Tamar, Lynher and Salcombe a few years back and enjoyed it.
I am not so sure about Brixham over spending more time exploring the tiny bays along the coast, you can take the Cape Cutter into some real gems where other boats don't dare go.
The kind you don't notice on the charts but can navigate into quite easily in the right conditions using aerial photography on google maps. Just an alternative idea.
Cheers,
Andrew
Andrew Scullion
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:19 pm

Hi Paul. Having missed out in 2022 I certainly hope to join the 2023 rally. Thanks for taking on the organisation and if there's anything I can do to help please let me know.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby Tony Treen » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:42 pm

Paul, I hope to attend, and thanks for organising.

The "West Country Cruising Companion" by Mark Fishwick is full of navigation guides, as well as pilotage info about harbours, rivers, anchorages, pubs, eateries, what to do ashore, etc. Useful for passage planning by participants, as were the Clyde Cruising Club guides for the Scottish rallies.

Cheers, Tony
Tony Treen
CC19 Association Member

Postby Lee » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:32 pm

Hi Paul

Dennis has kindly reminded me of my log in details so thankfully I'm able to post.
I will definitely be joining with KIRA, but crew is not confirmed as yet.
Thank you for all the work you've put in getting the bare bones of the trip together.
If you require any assistance let me know and ill be glad to help.

Cant wait :D !!!!
Lee
CC19 Association Member

Postby RichardWoods » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:52 pm

Hi Paul

Yes I am interested, Cape Cutter 113, Iris. Look forward to hearing more details.

Richard
RichardWoods
CC19 Association Member

Postby Simon Head » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:37 pm

Hi Paul

Please could I register my interest for some more information. It sounds an interesting route.

I will be coming with another crew member (TBA!)

Kind regards

Simon Head
CC40 Halcyon
www.inspiration19.com
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Postby PaulHardy » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:00 pm

Dear Simon

It will be great to have you on our Rally 2023. I've added your details to my spreadsheets and will keep you posted. I've set up a WhatsApp group too so will add your name (if thats's OK)

Don't expect much this side of Christmas tho'!

Paul
CC19 Stardust
PaulHardy
CC19 Association Member

Postby Justin Greig » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:19 pm

thanks Paul. Great plan. I hope I will be able to take part - please do include me in the WhatsApp group.
Justin Greig
CC19 Association Member

Next

Return to Association Events