2023 Rally

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Re: 2023 Rally

Postby PaulHardy » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:24 am

We now have some 12 boats heading to Devon for the Rally. Some regular attendees have not yet been in touch so I would anticipate a good turn-out for this event.

We are liaising with Harbour Authorities and Marinas to secure berthing arrangements.

Catering will need to wait for the New Year....

We have a good idea what the tides will be doing. However the weather is requiring more work, previous organisers having excelled themselves in this regard....so expectations will be high.

I'll be in-touch as and when.....any questions please let me know.

BW

Paul
CC19 - Stardust
PaulHardy
CC19 Association Member

Postby bellalistair » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:55 pm

Yes please, we hope to bring Tystie down.
Thanks for your efforts.
Alistair
bellalistair
CC19 Association Member

Postby PaulHardy » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:39 pm

Alistair Hi!

That's great! It will be lovely to see you (and Katie). I'll add you to the WhatsApp group and I think I've got your email too. If it all goes quiet txt me your details (but give me a day or two to get sorted!)

BW

Paul
Stardust
PaulHardy
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ian Clark » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:24 pm

PaulHardy wrote:Cape Cutter 19 – 2023 Rally

Plans are now progressing well for the Cape Cutter 19 Association Rally for 2023. The plan is to sail along the Devonshire Coast from Plymouth to Dartmouth, 27 May – 3 June taking the opportunity to explore the upper reaches of five rivers along the way.

We shall be launching in Plymouth. Plymouth Sound offers excellent protected waters for the shake-down sail and a quick trip up the River Plym prior to starting the Rally in earnest. Navigating the Rivers Lynher (and up to St Germans) and the River Tamar (and up to Calstock) on the flooding tide should permit some interesting inland sailing (motoring?). Catching the ebb we then start our westward adventure, first heading to the River Yealm. Prevailing winds should then give us a day’s sail to Salcombe. If the weather has been favourable we should be able to make a visit to Brixham, another day’s sail away, prior to retracing our tracks in order to spend a couple of days on the River Dart (and up to Totnes). We will be mostly in marinas, but for those seeking peace and solitude the Lyner River and upper reaches of the Salcombe Estuary offer some beautiful and peaceful anchorages. We haul out from a slip on the Dart having recovered our cars and trailers. For those who seek additional sea-time there is an option of sailing back to Plymouth stopping at Salcombe along the way.

Please register your interest through this forum thread.

Paul Hardy – Cape Cutter 19 – Stardust - Sail No: 114
Good afternoon Paul,
I too would like to join in the fun along the Devon coast.
You’re such an organised fellow, well done.
Ian
Miss Molly
Ian Clark
CC19 Association Member

Postby PaulHardy » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:14 pm

Dear Ian

Great News! I'll add you to the growing fleet of boats. It may take a day or two to get you onto the whatsApp Group. I think I have your email.

As for being organised....the proof of the pudding...etc

As above, don't expect much more this side of Christmas.

BW

Paul
Stardust
PaulHardy
CC19 Association Member

Previous

Return to Association Events