CC 19 Rally Whitsun 2022

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Re: CC 19 Rally Whitsun 2022

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Hello Archie

A belated welcome to the Association! You have a boat who knows her way around Argyll and Bute - I gather Colin McDougall sailed Foxglove out of Tayvallich.

I am so glad you will be able to join for even part of the rally. These events are such a great way of meeting other owners and getting tips on the idiosyncrasies of Cape Cutters.

Of course if the weather dictates that we go for Plan B you may choose to be with us the entire week - we may even be asking you to act as pilot as you will know the shoals and currents of the lochs far better than we southerners!

As you are very familiar with the outer Argyll coast, I wonder if you would mind my picking your brains so as to clarify some of the details of Plan A and A2? If that is OK perhaps you could text my phone (number in previous post) and we can fix a time for a call.

All the best

Malcolm

Archie Hardie wrote:Hello Malcolm,
I am Archie Hardie. I am the owner of Foxglove. I am based at Rhu marina on the northern end of the Firth of Clyde, near Helensburgh ….. I have been up and down the west coast north of Crinan many times ……
Looking forward to meeting fellow owners next year
Archie
Malcolm Sadler
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ian Clark » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:59 am

Hello Malcom & Gary,

I’m the new owner, or custodian of Miss Molly (MM) No 70, planning to sail out of Chichester Harbour.
I purchased her in the summer of 2021 but had to busy myself selling my old boat before I could attend to the numerous maintenance tasks on MM due to her being unused for some time. The sale has now been completed.
While many of the tasks on MM are just titivation some are essential, namely navigation & anchor lights and all new bunk cushions as well as the very first launch, sail and recovery.

And so now I’m wondering if it is possible to include MM in the Rally, assuming I can complete the refit in time.

I am retired and so A, A2 & B are ok. I will comprise the entire crew as a single hander (novice on MM but not to sailing!).

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Ian Clark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ian Clark
CC19 Association Member

Postby bellalistair » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:40 pm

Hi Ian,

It would be good to have you along, I am sure there would be space for you.

All,

We have however realised that the week includes the Jubilee holiday and so might not now be able to come for the whole week as we might have other commitments with events for that. Will keep you posted.

Katie & Alistair
bellalistair
CC19 Association Member

Previous

Return to Association Events