continental rally in 2021?

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

continental rally in 2021?

Postby Nico Steffen » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:44 am

Hi Everyone,
I've never sailed in the Wadden Sea. I would like to try this out, but as much as possible together with other sailors who have experience with tide and Wadden Sea.
So I came to the question of whether we want to sail the Wadden Sea together next year, perhaps in summer (july or august).

I think it would be a nice opportunity to sail together and share our experiences with our beautiful boats.
Maybe Friesland (Netherlands) could be a good area for this rally. It is accessible for many of us.

But... ...I live with my family near Berlin. I think we would need a team with local sailors to organize the rally. I also, of course, like to be part of this team as best I can from Berlin.
It would also be very good to have a friend from the island on the team who already has experience in Cape Cutter rallies.

What do you think about this?
Who would be on the team to organize the rally?

Best regards
Nico
Nico Steffen
CC19 Association Member

Re: continental rally in 2021?

Postby erbster » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Hello Nico,

I would love to sail in Holland. We generally have a rally in late May; obviously this year’s rally in the Solent could not take place and will instead run at the same time next year.

Therefore your suggestion of a rally in the summer is a good one. A rally in that area was previously planned, but in the end sadly did not go ahead. I think having someone with local knowledge is essential to organising a successful rally. I would be quite happy to advise and assist with comms.

That only leaves the “wild card” of how long/extensive travel restrictions turn out to be over the next year.

Cape Cutter #86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Return to Association Events