Deck layout

The prime movers for your Cape Cutter 19.....

Deck layout

Postby Stephen Read » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:57 am

Has anyone got a plan of the deck layout for the fittings. I have recently brought a Cape Cutter 19 and all the deck fitting have been stolen and I want to replace them with the same as built so the holes match.
Stephen Read
CC19 Association Member

Re: Deck layout

Postby Dennis » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:10 pm

Hello Stephen

I assume the fittings had been stolen before you bought the boat. I believe your boat is a Honnor Marine built specimen.

Honnor marine offered a fittings "upgrade" to new purchasers which consisted replacing the jamming cleats with "Spinlock" versions. Do you know if your boat had these?

Many of us will be able to provide photos of the arrangements on out own boats, would this be satisfactory to you?

You say all of the fittings have been stolen, does that include items like the bow roller, the mainsheet pulley fittings, the fairleads etc.?

Have you tried contacting Nick Scroggs the last (current?) builder of the CC19.
Alternatively, Dudley Dix ( CC19 designer )may be able to help, you can send him an email from this forum. Click on DudleyDix in the members list and you will get the option of sending him an email.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby zimp » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:28 pm

Hello Stephen, could indicate by using this picture what hardware your are missing? That will make it easier for us to help you.
Bert, CC19, #004, s/y Zimp
zimp
Non Association Member

Postby chrisr » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:20 am

As a non-CC owner, sorry but I'm unable to help you.

However in the common interests of measures to prevent any recurrence....
How on earth did all of your fittings come to be stolen?

Good luck, it already seems like you're on the road to a solution!
chrisr
Non Association Member

Deck layout

Postby erbster » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:02 pm

Dennis wrote:Hello Stephen

I assume the fittings had been stolen before you bought the boat. I believe your boat is a Honnor Marine built specimen.

Honnor marine offered a fittings "upgrade" to new purchasers which consisted replacing the jamming cleats with "Spinlock" versions. Do you know if your boat had these?

Many of us will be able to provide photos of the arrangements on out own boats, would this be satisfactory to you?

You say all of the fittings have been stolen, does that include items like the bow roller, the mainsheet pulley fittings, the fairleads etc.?

Alternatively, Dudley Dix ( CC19 designer )may be able to help, you can send him an email from this forum. Click on DudleyDix in the members list and you will get the option of sending him an email.
It’s also worth pointing out that many owners have deviated from “standard” and come up with their own arrangements. There is no single “right” way to rig the boat.

Cape Cutter #86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Stephen Read » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Dennis wrote:Hello Stephen

Hi Dennis
Its just the furler, swivel and all the cleats that were missing when I brought the boat. I have had an email off Nick and he has them in stock. I just need a plan of the layout if all the fittings and sheet diagram.
Regards
Stephen
Stephen Read
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:17 pm

Hello Stephen

Not so bad if you have still got all of the jamming cleats.

Many people do not like the original furler and have replaced it with various alternatives. It might be worth doing a search for "furler" and read through what turns up. You may decide to go down an alternative route. Also there will be a few members who will have a "spare" furler as result of modifying their arrangements.

I will email you a copy of the manual which was supplied by HM when I bought my boat. I think you will find most of the answers you want.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Return to Hull, Rigging and Sails