CC19 Rally 2020

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Re: CC19 Rally 2020

Postby Andrew Scullion » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Hello Paul,

I am planning on joining with Ladybird and crew.
Andrew Scullion
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:30 pm

Andrew Scullion wrote:Hello Paul,

I am planning on joining with Ladybird and crew.

Great news Andrew. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi all,

I'll probably call into Cobbs Quay next week to update them on likely numbers. Still hoping for more but at the moment I'm assuming 14 boats (13 CCs and a Sandler). In giving indicative numbers to the marina I'll assume that 9 boats will arrive by road on the Saturday and make use of the slipway, parking etc, namely:
Ladybird
Mary Ann
Tystie
Wadadu
Moneypenny
Meisje
Blue Marlin
Roisin
Cape Whisper
I'm assuming the other 5 will sail in on the Saturday but not need slipway, parking etc, namely :
Sapphire
Aurora
Rondo (Malcolm?)
Grace
Sadler (Bob and Loretta)

These are only initial assumptions and can all be changed later but let me know if I'm wrong about anything.

Also a reminder about the WhatsApp group which will be useful later. If you're not a current user just download the free app on your mobile phone and send me an invitation on 07557856779 and I'll add you to the group.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:51 am

Thanks for the message and all the planning behind it, Paul.

I will probably tow Rondo to Poole on the Saturday so please add me to the slipway list.

All the best

Malcolm
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Postby Paul Turner » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi All

Trapped inside sheltering from the rain so thought I'd start some more detailed planning.

It's planned to spend Monday evening in Lymington having sailed from Poole Harbour in the morning. Lymington is a lovely spot and, following recent developments, there are now bookable births on the Town Quay in the centre of the town. I think this is nicer than being in one of the marinas.

I'd like to go ahead and book - we don't need to pay until 2 days before (about £18 a night) and there's no charge if bad weather stops us getting there. However the Harbour Commissioners want individual bookings not a rally booking. I therefore need to provide the usual details. So can you please provide as soon as possible:

- Address
- Phone number (mobile)
- Email address

You can send them to me by email (pauldamianturner@gmail.com) or by WhatsApp (07557856779)
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:48 pm

Thanks for this Paul. I’ve sent you my address info.
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby NickC » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi Paul
Is there room for one more?
I can potentially make the beginning of the week with Grilla but need to return to Chichester on the Thursday.
Do you have the itinerary as to where we would likely to be on the Wednesday night?
Thanks and Regards
Nick
NickC
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:37 pm

There’s always room for one more! I think our itinerary is still heading east on Wednesday, so I expect it’ll work fine for you and Grilla. I’m sure Paul will confine this...

Cape Cutter #86 Aurora
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:35 am

Hi All. I think it's become clear that we will have to delay or cancel the Cape Cutter Rally 2020 to cope with the present difficulties. It is almost certain that the OGA rally will be cancelled. Clearly no one can predict how long the present restrictions will stay in place but at this stage we would like to at least keep open the option for a rearranged rally later in the Summer. I suggest we could pencil in the week from Saturday August 22nd which is the last full week before the end of the school holidays. We could delay until September but that would exclude those tied to school holidays.
Could you let me know whether you would, in principle, be interested in a rearranged rally during that week in August.
In the meantime I will contact Cobbs Quay marina and Lymington Harbour to cancel existing reservations.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby Julian Porter » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:46 am

I would come to a rally later in the year.
Will the refund from Lymington harbour happen automatically or do we need to do anything?
Julian Porter
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Association Events