Looking for a CC19 and possibly a test sail....

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Looking for a CC19 and possibly a test sail....

Postby Ian Brett » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:19 am

Hi We are actively looking for a CC19 under £15K following a couple of adds no1 and No 76
Any advice what to look for appreciated...

Northampton Based, but doing the Around the IOW rave at the end of this month!
Racing a RS Vareo and am an SI, also taken up Kite surfing, Aberdovey wales its amazing...
If there is a test sail that would be great with a member, really keen ti see active trailer sailor members launch.

Thanks
Ian and Cath
Ian Brett
CC19 Association Member

Re: Looking for a CC19 and possibly a test sail....

Postby Gary Oldfield » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:12 am

Hi, I'm up at keilder, sailing all this week, 13th till 20th..would b happy to give you a go ! It's a great boat,
Gary Oldfield
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:14 am

Hello Gary

I think Ian has already bought hull number 76. But I am sure that he appreciates your offer. :)

I would normally have been at Kielder on Wednesday this week, but it is my mothers birthday and other duties are necessary. Hope to see you up there soon.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:57 pm

You are welcome to join us in Pelion Greece on Kaliope CC19 67. What a fabulous boat now in her 12th season. We also sail a Topper Topaz Race and a Lune Whammel out here. Check out the FB page www.facebook.com/capecutter19
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby Ian Brett » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:25 am

Hi many thanks for offers of help...
I Confirm have purchased Bella no 76 2006 boat....
So have many questions.....

When retracting the bow sprit, the wood moves out of position, I feel it needs securing?

Dripping from a bolt hole in the cabin roof, suspecting water in cabin roof?

What is a good design of mast support when mast is lowered?

Planning to strip opening front hatch as it was really wet inside?

What is the best way to attach cushion securing Velcro to the side of the boat, used tiger seal before on a job this will be first try....

Boat nose weight high, looking to make bracket to push boat back 60mm!

Stripping water pump/bowl sure this space is better used another way!

Looking for proven dodger and possibly tent for rear of the boat...

Trailer does not have a flushing system is this needed?

Want to do bridge shooting, are there mods suitable to assist with this?

Looking for suitable launch sites on broad Upton now out grown with this boat!, south coast for Solent sailing need car and trailer storage have been using warsash interested to learn new launch sites....

That is initial list of questions for now.... really excited for first sailing rutland carsington and Hollowell sailing club home.
Thanks again for making the association work so well....
Ian Brett
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:39 am

Good luck with your new boat.

Can I just mention 2 items. Kaliope has no built in trailer flush on her Honnor Marine trailer. It has not been an issue as there are 2 holes in the backing plate of the brakes so I hold the hose end to the holes and flush simply and efficiently.

I needed to store our Lune Whammel near Emsworth last year and was recommended sailboat deliveries. They were great. They are convenient for the A27 and solent as well as Chichester... Very reasonable.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for emailing Pippa.

We would certainly be able to store your Lune Whammel, and are pleased to provide options below;
6 winter months £155 +VAT
6 summer months £185 +VAT
1 year £280 +VAT
Boat (with trailer) for 6 winter months and trailer for 6 summer months £210 +VAT

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Abby

Office
01243 377633
(08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday)
Pippa Jubb
07970 646009
Ian Jubb
07979 856505
Sailboat Deliveries Ltd
Hollybank House
Emsworth
Hants
PO10 7UN
http://www.sailboatdeliveries.com
http://www.sailboatspares.com
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby Ian Brett » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Had our first sail this weekend, could not remove my smile all weekend, loving the boat Bella.
The boat feels great and confident as expected.
Mast went up OK after poaching some ideas off the shrimper sites! Windsurfer mast being used, carbon no less.
Dave also had a great rope triangle idea that worked, will publish later when refined!
Slept on anchor and had a swim, found I can get back on using bow and rudder foot holes that worked.

Need to find a new launch site on the northern Broads, access details for Largs, planning to use Warsash again, lots of fun ahead.

Boat still on the water so trailer service being undertaken.
Next to solve the water coming into the cabin roof, it is coming into the boat from above, dripping out bolt holes and the front hatch.

Pics on my facebook page if needed. Ian Brett - look for 'Santa' be my friend!
Hollowell Sailing Club have hosted some winter weekends for wayfarer training and we do lots of Dinghy Courses.
1 Mile long and we turned out 6 kids in National and some attended Topper worlds events this year.
Call in if you are passing. :)
Ian Brett
CC19 Association Member

Postby Adrian Langford » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:47 am

We had cabin roof leaks on our 2005 No. 63 'Meisje'. I solved them by removing and resealing several deck fittings with marine polyeurathane sealant. It's still dry 4 seasons later! The major culprits were the cleats at the aft end of the cabin roof.

Cheers,

Adrian Langford.
Adrian Langford
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ian Brett » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Ian and Cath proud to report we have a Boat and have sailed at hollowell sailing at (home)
Also rutland water for a day sail.
Lots to do, main issue water within the deck skins!
Have built Gin Pole for mast raising would like a carbon mast! Any one have a supplier at reasonable cost?
Thinking Norfolk Broads for Easter, we survived storm katie in Great Yarmouth on a Drascombe.
Drop us a note if your going.... or can advise on the above
Ian Brett
CC19 Association Member

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Hello Ian and Cath.

Delighted to hear you are equipped and afloat. I am fairly new to the Cape Cutter myself, and like you, whenever I am sailing Rondo I have a permanent smile!

You mentioned the north Broads. I took my first faltering steps (tacks?) there when I first launched Rondo in April last year. I got a mooring at Martham Boatyard. Not a hire motorboat in sight and very nice people at Martham Boats. They have a slip (beware an angled corner on the landward side of the adjacent quay which tried to break my rubbing strake) and you are right next door to Hickling Broad. The other direction takes you to the Potter Heigham bridge in a mile or so, but I see you have solved mast lowering/raising.

I had hoped to go to Martham myself in November but the diary didn’t work out. I am thinking of starting the season there next year - late February/March. It would be good to meet up if you are likely to be there at that time.

Can I also recommend the CC19 Association Rally. Last year was in Chichester Harbour and the Solent - such a friendly crowd of people and as an absolute beginner at cruising I learned a huge amount about handling my boat.

All the best

Malcolm
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Return to General Chat