CC19 association clothing

Information on items available for purchase

CC19 association clothing

Postby erbster » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Would anyone be interested in logo-ed clothing (eg rugby shirts)?
I was thinking of seeing if we could get some made up in preparation for the rally in May. Cost would be of the order of £20.
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Re: CC19 association clothing

Postby erbster » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Coming soon....

Although there have been no replies to this thread, I notice that it has been viewed over 300 times!

Plans are being finalised now to offer Rugby tops and hoodies with the Class Association loge embroidered on them. These will be made to order, in readiness for the regatta in May. As soon as all the details are agreed by the committee, I will post a brochure/order form here.
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Robert Alston » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:21 am

Hello Charles,

Good idea. I think I would like to get a couple of rugby shirts but I suspect that most owners/crew are waiting for more details on the spec/price. There can be a huge difference in quality, weight of material and useful life of such and as ever, you tend to get either the genuine rugby shirt which is made for the game which will last a long time or its "leisure wear" equivalent which won't last quite so long.

Personally, if one is paying for embroidery on top of the purchase price, I think it a false economy to go for a light-weight cotton and that a heavier material is also a lot warmer/practical when close to the sea which is never really warm around the UK even in high summer! As always though it tends to get reflected in the price......

Just my two cents....

All the best.

Robert Alston

P.S. I launched Vedette on Saturday at Aldeburgh (after scraping off the frost from my car windscreen that morning!) and can't wait to get out on the water. See you down in Chichester next month.
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:40 pm

Robert Alston wrote:Hello Charles,

Good idea. I think I would like to get a couple of rugby shirts but I suspect that most owners/crew are waiting for more details on the spec/price. There can be a huge difference in quality, weight of material and useful life of such and as ever, you tend to get either the genuine rugby shirt which is made for the game which will last a long time or its "leisure wear" equivalent which won't last quite so long.

Personally, if one is paying for embroidery on top of the purchase price, I think it a false economy to go for a light-weight cotton and that a heavier material is also a lot warmer/practical when close to the sea which is never really warm around the UK even in high summer! As always though it tends to get reflected in the price......

Hi Robert- I agree; the garments we have chosen are Front Row and 300gsm cotton. I have experience of using the firm before and the quality of both the garments and embroidery are good over a period of years.
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:44 pm

All full members should now have received an email today from the webmaster with an order form for the garments (rugby top or hoodie). Please note the need for a quick turnaround - Tue 28th April - needed to make sure the garments are ready for the regatta. If anyone wants one and is not going to the regatta, Please contact me with any queries about postage (I'll arrange it at cost). Likewise, any other questions, please post below
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Sat May 14, 2016 1:15 pm

The clothing order is now in my possession, and very nice it looks too!
All ready for the Chichester regatta...
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Return to Association Merchandise