Cape Cutter Owners Register

Discussion and information about the CC19 Association website and social media

Postby erbster » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:00 am

Ru88ell wrote:People who can't see the register might want to see if they can see my Cornish Yawl register at http://cornishyawl.wordpress.com/cornish-yawl-register/.

If you can get the register to open in a new tab then it might point to the embed being the issue on the CC page.

Works fine on my ipad, but it asked me to log in first
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:47 pm

erbster wrote:Works fine on my ipad, but it asked me to log in first

Login to what? :confused:

Charles, I have sent you a PM.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:32 am

Hello all

I have managed to confirm updated information on 44 boats now. :)

In a few cases I have had to remove some information because boats have changed hands and the new owners have not come forward and/or are not known. :(

Bob (HM) has promised to fill in some of the gaps (particularly with recent builds), this will be very useful and it will enable me to make contact with potential Association members. I have suggested to Bob that he automatically includes CC19 Associataion membership with all new boats.

I think it is important that the list is as accurate as possible, as it helps owners (actual and potential) to know where other CC19s are located. Likewise, it is important that members have their (Forum) profile as complete and accurate as possible to enable member to make contact with each other.

For example Chris Wicks managed to contact a couple of owners for a "social" when he was here on one of his visits from his Greek home. Also recent member Danny Donnelly would like to contact any Irish based CC19 owners, has anyone any information which could help him?
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:24 pm

I have updated 50 boats on the register to date.

Most have been as a result of the e-mail plea I sent out a while ago. Some however are as a result of sleuthing, eg finding a photo or video on Youtube and being able to add the hull and sail colours to the list. :D

If anyone has any further information, please let me know.

Bob (Brown) has told me he will give the information for recent boats, the problem is he is a busy man at the moment.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Donald » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:16 am

Just to let you know that hull 112 is named Thea and is berthed at Port Edgar on the Forth near me. She is owned by Ben Thomas, so Bob tells me, but we have not had a chance to meet as we are never there together.

Donald
Cape Whisper, no. 98
Donald
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:29 am

Thanks Donald

I do not think that Ben Thomas is on the forum.:(

I do not like to include the owners name without their permission. I will try to get his contact details from Bob and take it from there, unless you have any contact details, if you have you could PM them to me.

What is the hull colour, and do you know the sail colour?
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Update

Postby Dennis » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:34 pm

I have now managed to confirm details for 55 boats on the owners register: http://capecutter19association.org/owners-register/

Please keep the information flowing, we will never reach 100% accuracy but that does not mean we stop trying. :)
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:02 am

Tony and Helen Adams tell me they are the new owners of Tango Delta. They are based in Norfolk and hopefully will also sail the Aegean, Pagasitic Gulf and North Sporades with Kaliope. It looks like there are 3 potentially 4 Cape Cutters in Greece, but spread out... Maybe enough to at least propose a Greek regatta. Not a realistic prospect as a PM to other owners were unanswered.... Also Moth is now based in Chichester, but you could ask Stewart Grant to confirm or if you don't have their contact I can try and put you in touch.

Cheers

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby Dennis » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:43 am

Hello Chris

I only publish owners names with their permission. Tony and Helen have not been in contact. If you have an email address for them, you can send it to me at webmaster@capecutter19.org and I will contact them.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:37 am

I have now managed to confirm details for 63 boats on the owners register: http://capecutter19association.org/owners-register/

That is exactly 50% of the boats built (No. 126 is currently in build). :)

Please keep the information flowing, we will never reach 100% accuracy but that does not mean we stop trying.

Interestingly, for those of you with white hulled boats, I have discovered another one. Hull number 44, based in Greece. That makes five (so far).
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Association (Wordpress) Website and Facebook