Association Membership Proposals

Postby Dennis » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Hello all

We seem to be coming to a concensus. The only issue on which there appears to be real divided opinions is the charity connection.

I have no problem with the "club" being linked to Mike's charitable work, but I think "members" should have the option of whether or not to contribute. Either an "opt in" or an "opt out" choice.

Many people have expressed the view that they are quite happy to pay an annual fee for membership, but have questioned what the money is to used for.
As far as I can see the only regular costs are for the domain and hosting charges. I do not know how much this comes to (Simon (Head) deals with that end of things).

How about we use some of the money to get a batch of CC19 Association pennants made, which could then be sold to members.

Just an idea! :)
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi Dennis,
I think now we are at a stage to go back to the committee with this and firm up the proposals. My guess is if we get 20 new members in the early days we will be doing well, but who knows. I am up for us being as open as possible, certainly not elitist and if we make the charitable donation optional I feel I will have honoured my commitment to Mike Brooke to try and promote his charity through our association. I would urge anyone who joins to look at the back ground of Mike's voyage and to buy his book, it is both very enjoyable and inspirational.
At the end of 12 months I will make a personal donation of £1 per new member who joins the CC19A and opts out of the charitable payment option. I don't think it will cost me much and my Met Police pension will bear it! :);)
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby Greybeard » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Dennis wrote:How about we use some of the money to get a batch of CC19 Association pennants made, which could then be sold to members.

Just an idea! :)

Sounds like a very good idea to me, Dennis. Put me down for two - one for the boat, one for the cycle trailer. That way I can at least pretend to be sailing when I'm dragging the shopping home ;)

I would also be more than happy to go along with Chris's excellent proposals. Perhaps it's because we seemingly have a similar background - except my pension doesn't reach the warmth and sun of the Med :rolleyes:

Steve
Steve (Treasurer) East Yorkshire
Ex-CC19 Falcon - Hull number 39 - 2003 that is now berthed in South Australia
Greybeard
CC19 Association Member

Re: Association Membership Proposals

Postby Ian Senior » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Membership Proposal Fee of £5.00 not going to be a financial barrier for joining the association. Individual and Family Membership Rates could be considered. I would be happy to pay £10.00 (Individual Membership) for a years CC19 Association Membership to help fund the forum website. This would be better value than the 'Drascombe Association' which today is circa £15.00
Ian Senior
Non Association Member

Previous

Return to Association Membership Proposals