Morbihan

For notice of adhoc sails in company

Postby Ru88ell » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm planning to go back to Arradon for a second week later in May or early June. There's a business there which charges just €3 per square metre per month for storage, so just €36 for the month in the boat park.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 pm

It looks like we've got a class event on our hands! There are three Cape Cutters attending the Semaine du Golfe in Morbihan in early May.

Herr Neilsen
Whistling Rufus
Zephyr

Any more?
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 pm

It looks like we've got a class event on our hands! There are three Cape Cutters attending the Semaine du Golfe in Morbihan in early May.

Herr Nilsson
Whistling Rufus
Zephyr

Any more?
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby David Peck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm

La Semaine du Golfe (which Flotilla?)

Hi Stephan and Russell,

I signed up for La Semaine du Golfe last week and was put in flotilla 3 bis but as you both appeared to be in flotilla 7 bis I asked Anne Morice to transfer me into flotilla 7 bis in order to be with other Cape Cutters. She replied stating that there was only one other Cape Cutter, Herr Nilsson and that was in 3 bis. Obviously she did not pick up Zephyr in her search, presumably because it was not entered as a Cape Cutter under “Classe bateau” (see list of participants). She also pointed out that she thought flotilla 3 bis was more suited to our class of boat, listing all the similar ones. She asked what I thought about being in that flotilla (3 bis)?

Before I reply to her, I would like to know what flotilla you both intend/prefer joining?

Looking at the facilities in both the starting ports, it seems to me that Arradon (Start for flotilla 7 bis) perhaps has more to offer in terms launching, marina/port/parking etc.? Obviously Stephan, you must know both places well from previous visits?

Regards
David Peck
CC94 Whistling Rufus
David Peck
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

I had entered 7bis, but have since asked to be moved to 3bis since Thats where I thought you and Stephan would be.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby David Peck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

When I registered, Herr Nilsson was in 7bis so I imagine he does not know he’s been changed! I think we need Stephan to advise on the most suitable Flotilla for us.

Do you intend sleeping on board? Looking at the boats in 7bis, most look suitable for sleeping in but not so many are in 3bis.

Regards
David peck
David Peck
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm sleeping on board. My 74 yr old dad is coming with me too. I hope he'll be able to get ashore to use the loo!
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby seasickwhale » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 am

Hi David, Hi Russell,

I will try to solve the puzzle. I had originally entered 7bis to be with a couple of Bay Raiders (of whom I know the crews). I had previously always sailed in flotilla 3, and it is well suited to our boat.

@David - More or less the day you must have registered, I had asked Anne to be moved to 3bis. This she did promptly.

@Russell - If you had asked Anne to be moved, I would suggest you keep checking the entries at http://www.semainedugolfe.com/Participants-717-0-0-0.html and maybe send her another mail, as you have not been moved yet.

I have slipped neither in Larmor-Baden nor in Arradon (we always go to Port de Crouesty; friends have a holiday home near there), but I know that the slipway in LB is wide and presents no problems. As to Arradon - I have never been there. Parking should be fine anywhere. I know that the organizers provide well and are generally and unfrenchly "very organized".

About getting to shore: In most ports you will not be able to walk ashore. There is always a water taxi service from arrival time to often even late into the night. We have an inflatable dinghy, but it is by no means necessary unless you insist to stay on land till the last beer is served.

David Peck wrote:La Semaine du Golfe (which Flotilla?)

Hi Stephan and Russell,

I signed up for La Semaine du Golfe last week and was put in flotilla 3 bis but as you both appeared to be in flotilla 7 bis I asked Anne Morice to transfer me into flotilla 7 bis in order to be with other Cape Cutters. She replied stating that there was only one other Cape Cutter, Herr Nilsson and that was in 3 bis. Obviously she did not pick up Zephyr in her search, presumably because it was not entered as a Cape Cutter under “Classe bateau” (see list of participants). She also pointed out that she thought flotilla 3 bis was more suited to our class of boat, listing all the similar ones. She asked what I thought about being in that flotilla (3 bis)?

Before I reply to her, I would like to know what flotilla you both intend/prefer joining?

Looking at the facilities in both the starting ports, it seems to me that Arradon (Start for flotilla 7 bis) perhaps has more to offer in terms launching, marina/port/parking etc.? Obviously Stephan, you must know both places well from previous visits?

Regards
David Peck
CC94 Whistling Rufus
Happy Sailing

Stephan Radke
CC52 "Herr Nilsson"
seasickwhale
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Ferry booked today using the deal agreed by the organisers.

£410.00

Car, trailer, two adults, Portsmouth - St Malo.

It should be a cheap 10 day holiday, as moorings and launching are free. :)

Are you coming Dennis?
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm

seasickwhale wrote:
@Russell - If you had asked Anne to be moved, I would suggest you keep checking the entries at http://www.semainedugolfe.com/Participants-717-0-0-0.html and maybe send her another mail, as you have not been moved yet.

Anne has confirmed today that she's moved Zephyr to 3bis.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adhoc Social Sails