Electrical systems

Installation of instruments and electrics in the Cape Cutter 19

Postby Ru88ell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Do we have any owners who regularly tow their CC19? Is it worth charging whilst towing by connecting via dual electrics from the tow car? Isn't that how it works with caravans?
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:51 pm

I've completely stripped out the electrics and plan to re-install later this month. Zephyr came with a 60Ah Delphi battery which is holding charge very well. I've set it up with a NASA BM1 Compact on the bench and will be easily able to test everything before it goes in.

At the moment full electrics list is looking like this:-

Delphi 60Ah battery*
NASA BM1 Compact
6 way fused switch panel
2 x LED (mr11) cabin lights* (changed bulbs from halogen which drew 0.9A - to LED drawing only 0.1A)
Icom M411 VHF*
Anchor light (unknown)*
NASA Clipper Duet*
NASA Clipper Wind*
Simrad TP10 tiller pilot*
12v charge point (drawing 0.3A to charge iPhone)

*came with boat

Since I plan to trailersail often I'm replacing the connectors at the base of the mast with Vtronix for the VHF coax and Bulgin for NASA Wind cable and anchor light. The switch panel and VHF will fit in a panel fitted inside the companionway bulkhead.

I've never done any 12v DC stuff before, so this is a learning curve for me. I'm coming to terms with it now though, and look forward to getting in there and setting it all up.

Russell
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 pm

I've taken some hols and have almost finished the electrics. We even have shore power now; I remembered I had a 16A electric hook up unit from when we used to go camping, and this has been fitted.

Pressure is on now - we're launching at Haslar Portsmouth, at the end of the month, and staying in the marina (with the heater on).
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Previous

Return to Instruments and Electrics