For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Postby Jaap » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself.
I'm Jaap, living in the small town of Gorinchem, in he Netherlands along the river Merwede and near the Biesbosch nature reserve. I purchased Irene (cc19 no. 127) from Bob last December.
I had her brought over just in time for brexit. She is amazing. I can't wait until the weather gets warmer.
I read a lot on the forum, some very usefull information. I'm not planning any mods for now, first get a feel for the boat and then see.
A swim ladder wil be put in, any recommandations on that? As an outboard i'm looking for a yamaha 2 cilinder 6pk 4 stroke, it's proofing a bit difficult but I have a backup 4pk 2 stroke for now.
There is a second gooseneck on Irene, that wil be interesting to try out. I saw a lot of lazy jack mods along the forum as well. Again can't wait to set sail.

I'll probably have loads of questions in the near future, it's nice to be part of the association now.

Greetings, Jaap
Jaap
CC19 Association Member

Re: New member

Postby Dennis » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:38 pm

Hello Jaap

Welcome to the association.

I assume that you did not buy Bob's propane fuelled outboard with Irene. There has been lots of discussion over the years regarding outboards, you should find plenty of advice forthcoming.

Twin cylinder outboard motor are certainly much smoother than single cylinder versions, the down side is that they tend to weigh 40+ Kg compared with 20-27 Kg for the single cylinder type. It is all part of the fun, having to make such decisions.

I love sailing in The Netherlands and have had a number of excellent boating holidays in Friesland. I particularly admire the high level of competence, helpfulness and friendliness of Dutch sailors.

I hope that you have a good first season. :)
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi Jaap,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Cape Cutters. Our friend Henk also brought a Cape Cutter out of the UK in December. It is now based in Greece and will fly a Dutch flag. Perhaps you will join us at the Aegean rally currently being discussed for 2022.

I'm helping Henk with a few repairs and mods including fitting a bathing ladder. Happy sailing!

Best wishes,

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby erbster » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:17 am

Welcome Jaap,

I know Irene well and she is a lovely boat - you will have a lot of fun in her. Here’s a video which shows her sailing beautifully - 8:50 into this video.

I hope you may join us at a future rally.

https://youtu.be/49se3gnyzNQ.

Charles
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Jaap » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Dear all,
Thank you for the warm welcome, I don't think we'll be able to join rhe rally this year. Planning tot do so in fhe future.
Nice video, thanks for that.

Greetings Jaap
Jaap
CC19 Association Member

Return to General Chat