2.5hp Yamaha outboard, Liros warp, Icom radio

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

2.5hp Yamaha outboard, Liros warp, Icom radio

Postby Greybeard » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:04 pm

Having sold my Lune Whammel and having decided to swallow the anchor. The current situation with no club access and the 350 mile round trip to Kielder to often just sit in the rain has tipped me over the edge. I have some gear left over that might be of interest to members on here. I've cleared this with Dennis who suggested that the ad could be placed here. If there are no takers then they will find their way onto Apollo Duck or the dreaded ebay. For the stuff that can be posted, I've put an inclusive price. The outboard would have to be collected form the Cottingham area outside of Hull. If you want pictures of anything, then PM me your email and I can oblige.

1. A standard shaft Yamaha 2.5hp 4-stroke motor - bought new in April 2017 and probably has no more than 10-15 hours running at the most. Used only in fresh water for manoeuvring on and off jetties and out of small creeks. I had a 2.5hp Suzuki on my CC19 which was well up to the task in still water - and the boat sailed much better without the weight of a Honda 5hp on its tail, so this one is ideal. It comes in a fitted Yamaha carry bag and there is also a folding trolley capable of carrying engines up to 15hp. Despite the low hours I changed the oils each season. The boat came with a heavier 4hp which I let go with it. This one was bought to save my back lifting it in and out of the boat. Looking for £550 including the trolley and bag. I have found the spare pull-cord but not the spark plug spanner or manual (not that it tells you anything) and have a feeling I may have left those in the Whammel.

2. Liros 30m of 12mm lead weighted, 16-plait anchor warp rated to 2,200kg in carrying bag. There is also about 4m of heavy galvanised chain with double swivel and shackle. I bought this to use on my CC19. It was used once and never needed again. It's heavy if I include the chain so Im looking for £80 all in.

3. Captain Currey rigging knife in leather sheath - £19 posted SOLD

4. Speedy Stitcher sewing awl in its box with 2 needles and thread - SOLD

5. Plastimo Iris 50 hand-bearing compass. Yellow. SOLD

6. Set of 4 Selma splicing fids in storage tube with instructions. Essential for braid. £25 posted SOLD

7. Skywatch Xplorer 1 Anemometer. I've put a new battery in it this morning. Excellent condition as it has been stored in a specs case. £23 posted

8. Icom IC-M1EURO V hand-held radio with mains charger, 12v charging lead and charging dock. I've had this several years but it's not been given a great deal of use. I last used it when covering a safety boat last June at Kielder and when I turned it on the battery is still showing a full charge. £75 posted

9. Nautilus Sea Searcher magnet on a lanyard. Has 64kg pull. Ideal for recovering those lost keys! I've used it once to search for a small Allen key that I dropped in the garden.

10. Guy Cotton Commercial quality 'oilskins' - yellow. I bought these when I skippered a 65ft square rigged sailing barge on the Humber and have worn them only a handful of times. Size is large - I'm 6ft and 16 stone and there's plenty of space for warm gear underneath. Bib and brace leggings and short length smock with hood. No damage/tears etc and 100% waterproof just a bit grubby from being stored in a locker. These are the ones that the North Sea fisherman use. SOLD

Steve
Last edited by Greybeard on Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Greybeard
CC19 Association Member

Re: 2.5hp Yamaha outboard and sailing gear for sale

Postby Greybeard » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:31 am

Selma fids have gone. Thanks

Steve
Greybeard
CC19 Association Member

Re: 2.5hp Yamaha outboard, Liros warp, Icom radio

Postby Greybeard » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:42 am

Still soms bits left. Any interest?

Steve