Looking for a new outboard

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Looking for a new outboard

Postby Andy Yates » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:20 pm

I've just been up to the boat as I had a call that my outboard was missing. Despite it being fitted with a MotorLoc the engine is gone !! Bit of a bummer as its the last weekend for sailing and it is now ruined, and I've got the hassle of an insurance claim :mad: I just hope the insurance company deal with it quick as I was hoping to get her off the water by the end of the month.
Andy :D
Andy Yates
CC19 Association Member

Re: Looking for a new outboard

Postby Chris Wicks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Any identifying features, may be worth looking on ebay and all the other secondhand platforms in case you can find it?
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby oak » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:26 pm

Sorry to hear about the engine Andy.Hope they didn't damage the boat.
I had mine stolen short while ago.I look on Ebay etc but understand most of them get shipped to eastern Europe.
Mine was a newish unit but I have decided that I am only going to put a cheapy in.really annoying thing was the theft of life jackets,tools etc.
Don't know where you sail but what about a two stroke.light easily removed and cheaper than 4 stroke
oak
oak
CC19 Association Member

Postby Andy Yates » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:43 pm

It had my postcode inside the lid but as oak says its on its way to Europe I think.
They got away with 5 outboards and 2 inflatables along the same stretch of the Leven at Newby Bridge. I think we have all learnt a lesson about security of our property.
I've bought a new 5hp to replace it as I needed to take the boat off the Lake last Saturday. PITA as it needed to be run in and at 1/2 revs it took 2 hours in freeeezing conditons. Needless to say it will be coming home with me from now on !!
Andy :D
Andy Yates
CC19 Association Member

Return to General Chat