Furlers for sale

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Furlers for sale

Postby Simon Head » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:32 am

Hello Everyone

I am clearing out excessive inventory for Halcyon. I have had her for 15 years now and I have decided to get rid of some of my furlers.

I am about to upgrade to Karvers which were too expensive for me but I have managed to secure 2 for a very reasonable price from Honnor Marine.
These are certainly the Rolls Royce of continuous line furlers but are very expensive new.

Anyway

I have 3 Series of the original furlers which can be used for either on the bowsprit or staysail. They are lightly used but in full working order
These are:

https://www.ronstan.com.au/marine5/prod ... dNo=RF1246

The cost new are approximately £170.00

I am wanting £85 each +P&P

If you are interested please contact me.

Note they are without the top swivel but come complete with lines

Kind regards

Simon Head
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Re: Furlers for sale

Postby SimonW » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Simon Karvers are excellent. I would recommend bringing them back either side of the hatch to a simple cleat. if they are right next to the hatch (rather than outboard) you can stand up and use them which is much easier.
SimonW
CC19 Association Member

Postby oak » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:12 am

Simon,
which Karver furler model do you recommend.Ronstan are ok but furling can always be improved

Merlin
oak
CC19 Association Member

Postby Simon Head » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi Merlin

Now that is a very good question!

The two I got from Bob were the same that Mike Brookes had on his boat. I think that they are KF1 series.

They are very expensive at £729 RRP each. I would have stuck with something a little cheaper (see Ronstan S60 which is about £250 with the furling line- see mods to Moth on the site) but I got a very good deal on two of these for the staysail and yankee.

At the same time I also got some spares such as a cable for the centre plate and a winch drum.

Nothing generally goes wrong with the drum but it would be very expensive to replace if anything happened to it (I have priced it up to make- just in case!)

Kind regards

Simon
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Return to General Chat