Where is everyone?

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Where is everyone?

Postby Greybeard » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:57 pm

I tend to drop in on the forum fairly regularly to check for any new posts and it's not uncommon to see that I'm the only member logged on though there are, more often than not a dozen or more 'guests' browsing away. Are these folk all non-members of the forum or do members just not log in as a matter of course? If members aren't logging in then obviously they'll miss out on items in the members' area. Just saying ......... ;)

Steve
Greybeard
CC19 Association Member

Re: Where is everyone?

Postby Paul Turner » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi Steve

Another aspect of this is that members can be slow to respond to questions/ surveys etc for example when organising rallies. I found that I had to use personal emails rather than the forum when helping to organise last years rally because people don't log in frequently enough but tend to check their emails every day. A question for Dennis; is it possible to set up alerts on the forum which send you an email when there are new postings. I can do that on FaceBook for example but not sure whether it's possible on the forum.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby Dennis » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Paul Turner wrote:A question for Dennis; is it possible to set up alerts on the forum which send you an email when there are new postings. I can do that on FaceBook for example but not sure whether it's possible on the forum.

Yes. :D

I receive an email every time there is a posting on a thread to which I have subscribed. I am automatically subscribed to any thread on which I have posted. I will need to check on how to set it up, my memory is not up to it. :confused:
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm

I have checked as promised.

By default you should receive an email to all threads on which you have posted when there is a new posting.
You can turn this on/off via "User Control Panel" (top left of page) and clicking on "Manage subscriptions".

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Thanks Dennnis,this is useful but I don't think it's automatic. I've never had alerts until I followed your instructions. You need to remember to tick the subscribe box. It's not a big issue for me really as I tend to check in regularly but it's useful to know when other people are responding. If I was ever helping to organise another rally I'd suggest that interested members subscribe to the thread. I may put a suggestion on the Holland group.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Return to General Chat