New members

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

"Bjoetie", a new amateur CC19

Postby D'Jack » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:57 pm

Here is the newbie, and french what is more, I am a bit lost in translation…
Maritime vocabulary is a bit of a mystery in english for me at the moment.
And a picture is always better than a long writing, isn’t it?
Where could I find such a picture, drawing of a cape cutter, naming every part ?
I could then better understand you talking about topping lift, putting bullseyes on the boom, firing bullet fairlead, just after the shrouds should be tight enough so that the lee shroud does not go slack when the boat is pressed hard, and then go "twang" when plucked. Let me eat a strut, put hounds fitting, and finish outhaul !!

My newly amateur built CC19 (from the Nederlands) is named « Bjoetie » She has a royal blue skirt. And came under her trailer from Friesland to Italy, here, in Grado, north west of Venice. Where I am living part-time.

Be prepared to reply to my many questions to come !

This beautiful CC19 makes a change in my sailing life, used to much lighter boats that I could easily handle by myself without difficulty. My last boat was a BayRaider 20, and lifting the mast or moving the boat has been a kid’s game. But nothing to compare when you see the big for this size cabin, and the seaworthy of the CC19.
I could already test it at the Adriatic.

I will tell you more asap.

Fair winds to all of you
D’Jack
D'Jack
CC19 Association Member

New members

Postby Dennis » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Welcome to two new members, Richard Walker and Jacques De Witte (D'Jack).

Richard has bought CC19 number 51 "Gallinago" and is based at the Dee Sailing Club on the Wirral. His boat has had the full Honnor Marine refurbishment prior to his purchase.

D'Jack has already introduced himself in the previous post. He is (I think) the fourth member of the forum with (or building) a wooden version of the CC19.

We look forward to hearing about their exploits. :)
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Hello to Nick Anderson

Postby Dennis » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Welcome to new member Nick Anderson.

Nick has recently bought CC19 "Scout" hull number 10. :)

I hope Nick will be along soon to tell us his plans.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Re: New members

Postby Chris Wicks » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:50 pm

Don't worry D'Jack, some of us are English and don't understand all the English nautical terms... You are in good company! :)
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

We have a Cape Henry in our midst.

Postby Dennis » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:19 am

Welcome to new member Richard Hunter.

Richard has a Cape Henry 21 called "Ruby" and is based in the Czech Republic.

It will be great to get some feedback/discussion about the Capecutter 19's big sister.

I look forward to Richard's contribution. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Welcome new member "Stormy"

Postby Dennis » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Hello to Patrick Ellum (forum name: "Stormy").

Patrick has owned hull number 45 "Stormy Cape" for 3 to 4 years and is based in Maldon, Essex.

Welcome aboard. :)
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

More New members

Postby Dennis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Welcome to Richard and Sue Forman who have bought new boat hull number 129 which they have called "Blue Moon". They are based in the Golfe de Morbihan, Brittany.

Also welcome to Robert and Suzanne Alston who are the new owners of number 108 "Vedette". They are based on the River Alde in Suffolk.

I look forward to their contribution to the forum, and hopefully we may meet at a future rally. :)
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby oak » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Greetings Dennis from an old member.How is the eye?
Jack
oak
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:53 pm

Hello Jack

One eye is excellent thank you. :)

The other is work in progress, but it will never be the same again. :(
I have a permanently dilated pupil. a loose lens, a totally blind area in my vision, and a rapid onset cataract caused by the trauma. The medics are waiting for the eye to "settle down" before they make decisions as to the way forward.

The good news is, non of this is stopping me from getting on with life, indeed I was sailing yesterday (solo) and covered 20 Nm on Kielder Water. I am off to Cornwall tomorrow with the caravan in tow for a two week holiday. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Nick Mair » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi,

Last Friday my wife Jackie and I handed over the deposit for the IRIS, a beautiful CC19 built in 2010. This Thursday we will transfer the balance and officially become IRIS's new owners; or will IRIS own us??

We have been sailing dinghies for nearly 40 years but have decided to graduate to the real stuff!

Iris will be kept at Davis's boatyard in Poole Harbour. We live in Cambridge but one of our sons (the Yachtmaster) lives in Bournemouth and the other in Plymouth, so whilst we will visit for weekends from Cambridge the boys will likely sail her more often than we will. I can see that IRIS will be going on holiday to Plymouth for part of the summer, which is fine with us.

IRIS has a pull-start Mariner 6hp 4 stroke but we would like electric start, so its looking like we need to buy a new 8hp. Does anyone else have an 8hp engine in their CC19? It's 37Kg against the 6hp pull start of 25Kg, and then there is the weight of a battery too. Is 37Kg + battery going to be too much weight?

Looking forward to networking.

Bye

Nick Mair
Nick Mair
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat