Have you been out today?

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Postby Greybeard » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Some fantastic sounding sailing trips here.
I'm taking Falcon up to the West Coast of Scotland on Saturday - we've booked a waterside cottage in Tayvallich on Loch Sween, with its own jetty and adjacent slipway. I hope to have some salty tales of my own soon :rolleyes:
I shall also be doing my very best to endanger the fish stocks of the area!

Take care, folks.
Steve
Steve (Treasurer) East Yorkshire
Ex-CC19 Falcon - Hull number 39 - 2003 that is now berthed in South Australia
Greybeard
CC19 Association Member

Postby ianrmaciver » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks Alistair , appetite whetted , just a bit more time in the gym and I'll be ready.
Ian CC19 Minnie 85
ianrmaciver
CC19 Association Member

Baltic Expedition

Postby erbster » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:02 am

We've been on the Baltic in the Stockholm archipelago for a few days so far and first impressions are fantastic. We've had some fabulous sailing already, but my goodness, you have to watch out for the rocks!

If you're interested, my blog has more info.
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 pm

We are enjoying following your blog.... Have a great trip. An old friend from the River Police in London now runs a sailing business in Sweden, Runn Sailing... It is based on a large lake with islands for camping etc.. Sounds great, just in case you are anywhere nearby....
Cheers
Chris
Kaliope 67
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Meisje in Netherlands

Postby Adrian Langford » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:21 am

Day 3 in Friesland, weather good, crew morale high, no scurvy so far and only bumped into two jetties!

We have sailed from Heeg to a lake on the way to Workum, then through Workum, where the boat is getting heavier in terms of charts and lighter in terms of cash!

On to the Isjelmeer where we were met by nasty waves with a F4 westerly, but Meisje ploughed on as we got a bit wet. We headed south and have overnighted at the rather posh marina at Stavoren.

Well, it's time for morning porridge! Further updates as free wifi allows.:)

Adrian and Roger, CC19 No. 63 'Meisje'
Adrian Langford
CC19 Association Member

Onward to the shallows...

Postby Adrian Langford » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:05 am

We are leaving Harlingen this morning, bound for Ameland, crossing narrow and shallow channels. We delayed by a day due to the threatened thunderstorm, which arrived while we were outside a cafe drinking coffee... suddenly an indoor table looked welcoming!

Adrian and Roger. CC19 63 Meisje
Adrian Langford
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:17 pm

Just had the most fabulous three days sailing on the Baltic. Highlight was a 15 nm reach out to sea, to the outermost islands on the East of the Stockholm archipelago. This was followed by a spirited reach back having spent a night in the natural harbour and an explore of the island, threading through the skerries. :D:D
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Herr Nilsson in France

Postby seasickwhale » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi to all,

just got back from another nice holiday in Morbihan, France.

The thread is titled "Have you been out today?" - with a little twist on that I have now been out with "Herr Nilsson" for a full decade.

Amongst a number of other places a large part of my outings were in Morbihan and we have now got well over 1400 nm just there.

For anyone curious (and to get you interested in next year' "Semaine du Golfe de Morbihan") about the fantastic sailing opportunities in Morbihan I have attached a Google-Earth KMZ-File (zipped because of the funny file-restraints on this site) of our last 10 years there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Sailing

Stephan Radke
CC52 "Herr Nilsson"
seasickwhale
CC19 Association Member

Kielder

Postby Dennis » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:53 am

Had a pleasant day out (yesterday). Felt definitely autuminal though, reinforced by the heather being in full bloom around the lake.

21 Nm covered using full mainsail in a (generally) F2 NW breeze.

Stephan's post prompted me to check my distance logs and I find I am doing more miles every year:

2009: 251 Nm
2010: 267 Nm
2011: 318 Nm
2012: 388 Nm
2013: 444 Nm
2014: 430 Nm to date, and there is still two months sailing left. I anticipate the total for this season will be about 550 Nm.

It says a lot about the boat, that after six years I am still increasing my useage (and pleasure).

Yes, I am still grinning after six seasons. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Kielder Capecutters

Postby Dennis » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:14 pm

Out on the water yesterday. Vitually no wind, but very pleasant conditions for sitting in the cockpit and watching the wildlife. :)

Sailed in company with the fifth Kielder Capecutter, hull number 007 named "Moneypenny", owned by Gary Oldfield. We must try to get all five on the water at the same time before the season ends.

Only 13 Nm covered because of the lack of wind. :(
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat