For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Postby Michiel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 am

Hallo everyone,

In October I will become the proud owner of 'Nemo', no.63!!

I live in Scotland, Perthshire, and would be interested to know if there are any other cc owners in my facinity.

Also, it would be great to get a day out, before then, on a cc, in order to familiarise myself better with the rigging, etc.

In my youth, and teens, living in Holland,I dingie sailed whenever I had the time. After moving to Scotland, I had an 'Evolution 19', which was a great little boat, but without much personality. Due to work commitments though, I just didn't have the time to get out enough, and had to sell her about 10yrs ago.

Having retired early, I now intend to fully enjoy sailing again, and after 2 yrs of researching I narrowed things down to the cc and the schrimper.

HM was visited recently, and 'Nemo' had just the day before arrived back, and a deal was struck.

I will be a bit rusty to start again, but like riding a bike, I will pick thing back up quickly again.

I am looking forward to participating on this forum, and hopefully pick up some useful tips, and meet some other cc owners as well.

Michiel
Michiel
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:30 am

Hello Michiel

Welcome to the club.:)

You will not regret buying a CapeCutter, it is a great boat. I frequently receive compliments from other boat owners about the appearance and performance of the CapeCutter, it is something you will have to get used to.

I would be very happy to give you a sail on Mary Ann if you were ever in Northumberland. Kielder water is a great place to sail and it is of course almost on the Scottish border. Northumberland is a super holiday destination anyway, Hadrians Wall, Castles, Beaches etc.

Send me a PM or e-mail if you want to make an arrangement.

Regards

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Michiel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:16 am

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the looks of the CC was the deciding factor for me in buying one.

I will be away until the 2nd week in Sept., but would be great to have a day on Kielder water after.
I will mail you nearer the time.

Thanks, Michiel
Michiel
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:34 am

Hello Michiel

I have sent you a PM.

Cheers

Dennis
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Return to General Chat