Publicity

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Publicity

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:09 am

I have received an email from Peter Poland (Practical Boat Owner magazine), here is the text:

"I'm featuring the Cape Cutter 19 in an article in PBO about 17 to 20ft trailer sailers.

Do you have a pic of Mike Brooke sailing his CC19 prior to circumnavigating the UK?

If so please could you send me a high res Jpeg this week and advise whose name should go by the pic?

I'm afraid there is no money on offer for a pic in editorial but there will be good publicity for your Association!
Thanks
Peter P"

If anyone has what Peter is looking for let me know and I will give you Peter's contact details.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Re: Publicity

Postby Tony Treen » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:28 pm

Dennis,

There is an article in the current January issue of PBO about the Viko S21, a 21ft trailer sailer. At the end, it lists three alternative boats - Cape Cutter 19, Swallow Yachts BayCruiser 23, and Parker 235. Shrimper is not included!

Write up on the CC19, to quote "Cape Cutter 19 (from £17,000 used). A tad smaller than the Viko, and of course with much less space below, the Dudley Dix designed Cape Cutter is a fellow RCD Category C four berth cruiser. Sails better than some other modern gaffers and there is an active owners' association." So some publicity already.

Did Peter Poland indicate which issue of PBO to feature the CC19?

Cheers, Tony
Tony Treen
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:58 pm

Tony Treen wrote:Did Peter Poland indicate which issue of PBO to feature the CC19?

No. :(

But I will ask him. :)
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:32 pm

I’ve only just found d this thread so I’ll repeat here what I erroneously posted elsewhere a few days ago:-

“What a great write-up for the Cape Cutter in Practical Boat Owner March 2023 edition.

Well done to Charles, Dennis, Chris and Mike Brooke for the thought and effort which obviously went into contributing material for this article. It’s fantastic publicity for our boat, and you all managed to work in a different aspect of the CC’s many advantages.

Brilliant! Thankyou!

All the best

Malcolm”
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Return to General Chat