"Articles" Reinstatement

This is the place to post suggestions or comments about the forum or the website. Also post here if you've got a problem with the forum, but please read the FAQs first.

Articles Reinstatement

Postby David Peck » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:43 am

Russell, Chris and others,

I think you are all misinterpreting the intention of my post, which I obviously put very badly and too flippantly, for which I sincerely apologise.

In no way am I calling for the removal of social media such as Facebook etc. from our site and I fully accept it’s the future for our Association (and yes, I have read the history of Facebook). All I’m asking for is the restoration of the “Articles” facility that existed on our old site so that articles on modifications, cruises, logs, reports on association events etc. can be filed all in one place (possibly in Pdf file format with photos diagrams drawings etc.) and accessed by anyone without the need to sign in or be registered. As I stated previously, I think the aim of the association should be to promote the merits of the Cape Cutter to a wider world. I think our Forum where we put a lot of our information at present tends to prohibit this.

If I go to the Shrimper Owner's website I can obtain all the articles mentioned above without having to sign in or be registered. OK they do not appear to have embraced any social media yet and I have to admit their site is the poorer for it compared to ours. Yes I do actually think our site is better with the social media (well done Russell) but my fear was that it was at the expense of a fundamental site facility ie the free for all to view “Articles” section and we were being expected to source the information from individual blogs and other media. Obviously I do not know what transpired between you Russell and Simon Head in setting up our new site but if the old content is lost, so be it, can we not start again and at least have the facility available?

Yes Russell, I do read a lot of blogs-I’ve read yours! Anyway, good luck with your new boat and happy sailing.

Regards
David Peck
CC94 Whistling Rufus
David Peck
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi David,
I agree with all you say here.... I wrote some light hearted articles of some sailing experiences in Greece and your technical engine installation account was amazing... So it would be good to reinstate articles. I still have a couple on PDF format I think.

Cheers

Chris:)
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby Dennis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Hello David and Chris

Have a look at the association website, I have started to make some additions.

David I will need access to your articles if you want them to be (re)published, likewise your "Tales from the Aegean" Chris.

I will add another category called "Owners Logs" or something similar to enable publication of such items.

I am open to further suggestions from anyone.

Also, if anyone else has anything which they would like to "publish", please let me know. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby David Peck » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Dennis wrote:Hello David and Chris

Have a look at the association website, I have started to make some additions.

David I will need access to your articles if you want them to be (re)published, likewise your "Tales from the Aegean" Chris.

I will add another category called "Owners Logs" or something similar to enable publication of such items.

I am open to further suggestions from anyone.

Also, if anyone else has anything which they would like to "publish", please let me know. :D

Hello Dennis,

Thanks very much for the reinstatement of the "Articles and logs", "Modifications and Maintenance" and also the "Forum" section on the main toolbar to our website.

That is exactly what I was trying to call for, well done!!:D

I will now try and sort out some of my articles.

Regards

David Peck
CC94 Whistling Rufus
David Peck
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:56 pm

David Peck wrote:Thanks very much for the reinstatement of the "Articles and logs", "Modifications and Maintenance" and also the "Forum" section on the main toolbar to our website.

Hello David

Thanks for the comments, but, I have to admit that most of it is Russell's work. He is still the "master" and I am definitely the "apprentice" in these Wordpress matters. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Diesel Installation, Mike Brookes voyage etc

Postby Simon Head » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:50 am

Hi everyone

I have reinstated articles I wrote for the original Cape Cutter Association that have not been published on the new site.

Note that the old site was available for 8 months after the site was handed over- it had to be taken down as I lost access to the server.

In this time little content had been migrated.

I assumed that these articles were not required- hence the reason for including them in my own site dedicated to "Halcyon".

I think that they are good articles to read for the Cape Cutter enthusiast.

They are held under the "Lazarette" section of my site as they do not strictly relate to "Halcyon"

They are here:

http://www.inspiration19.com/lazarette/

Kind Regards

Simon Head
Cape Cutter 40 "Halcyon"

http://www.inspiration19.com
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Previous

Return to Forum and Website Comments