Cape Cutter Owners Register

Discussion and information about the CC19 Association website and social media

Cape Cutter Owners Register

Postby Dennis » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Hello all

I note that David Hudson has now taken delivery of his boat, hull No. 111.:)

Who therefore owns hull numbers:96, 101, 103, 104, 105, 106, 108, 109 and 110? All of these boats have blank entries in the Honnor Marine website owners list!

I was just wondering whether (as an association) we should have our own register! Is there a Data Protection Act issue?

Anybody else any thoughts on the subject?

Life is full of questions

Dennis
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby oak » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:43 pm

maybe no one owns them as they have not been built yet?
you will have quite a number in the North East soon.
did you see the pictures on Pratical Boat forum of the carnage at Windermere village?
one thinks boats are safe on the lakes but it ain't so.
a big cruiser [twin volvos] around 35 ft went down a mile from me as the owner did not lengthen his warps as the floods started.apart from the loss ,the damage to the environment with diesel all over the lake.thank goodness the birds are not nesting although we have a lot of whooper swans from Iceland feeding here.
bit of a ramble ,sorry,just replying to your question
Jack
Merlin
oak
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 am

Hello Jack

Certainly some of them have been built.

Hull No. 104 is "Black Sheep" and belongs to Michel Nielen who is a member of this forum. I also know that another (unidentified) boat has gone to the Far East earlier this year.

Possibly David Hudson may be able to tell us why his is hull No. 111.

I also know that the Southampton Boat Show boat from this year has been bought by a Dutch couple, as I gave them a demonstration sail in Mary Ann on Windermere in October prior to their purchase.

The floods in the Lake District have been horrific, maybe the insurance companies know a thing or two. Mine insists that the boat is kept out of the water from 1st Nov to 1st March unless it is actually in use (being sailed).

Regards

Dennis
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby oak » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:36 pm

Denis,I was only being a bit flippant as you know how some of the publicty boys work.
those boats at Windermere just seem to be rafted up in one long line.?
it would be quite difficult to lengthen lines,some one suggested that the marina staff should have cut them!

it would be very interesting to hear more of the far flung boats and what type of sailing they have.I always enjoy seeing the Greek experience
Jack
oak
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Hello Jack

You are correct about the "publicity boys", I think my boat (hull No. 100) was built out of sequence (early) so that it could be displayed at the 2008 Southampton Boat Show. Interestingly Cornish Crabbers had Shrimper No. 1000 at the same show.

Have you a URL for the article showing the Windermere problems? I cannot find it:(

I am also quite envious when I see the pictures of Chris Wicks boat Kaliope at his sailing grounds, it certainly puts Kielder water into perspective.

Never mind, if global warming is as bad as some would have us believe, Kielder will be like the Adriatic in a few years;)

Cheers

Dennis
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby oak » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:30 pm

oak
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Hello Jack

Thanks, the link worked.

I have to say I was sickened looking at the carnage, unbelievable!!!

My heart goes out to those who have suffered, I know how I would feel if it happened to me.

Regards

Dennis
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:25 am

As you know I like to promote the Greek sailing experience. It's all a bit soft here of course, but I have 'served my time' on the River Thames in all weathers....

I have sent a cruising account sometime ago for publication on this forum. It was a light hearted account of sailing to Skiathos and Skopelos over several days when I eventually ran into a bit of trouble with some locals and was beaten by the weather. Simon is going to publish it soon in the cruising log section as some people might enjoy it. I too would like to see more 'cruising stories'.

Cheers

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Cape Cutter owners Register

Postby Simon Head » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:45 pm

I look after the boat register. It has been up to the owners to fill in the boat details from the web site, as this must be voluntary (some owners may wish to stay anonomous).

The "spaces" in boat number I think have been built- its up to the owners to register them.

Regards

Simon
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

boat register

Postby Black Sheep » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi Simon,

I have completed that boat register twice with my details but they never appeared on the list for some reason.
By the way, CC105 is named Courier and owned by a couple Greet and Anton from the Netherlands.

kind regards,
Michel
(CC104 Black Sheep)
Black Sheep
CC19 Association Member

Next

Return to Association (Wordpress) Website and Facebook