Staysail Furler wanted

Advertise for wanted items here.....

Staysail Furler wanted

Postby Robert Alston » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:29 am

Hello Everyone,

In spite of my medical status - diagnosed late in 2016 with the dreaded "C" and having undergone both radiotherapy and chemotherapy courses since December I finally managed to launch Vedette on the 1st June. A real morale booster! Sadly I have no way of making the Rally to Holland in August mush as I would like but in order to make sailing as simple as possible I am looking into converting the hank-on staysail on Vedette with a roller furler .

Does anyone have a spare (with halyard swivel) available for sale?

Many thanks

Robert Alston
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Re: Staysail Furler wanted

Postby Chris Wicks » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:47 am

Hi Robert,

We wish you first and foremost a good recovery from your illness. Last year I converted Kaliope to a roller furling jib and looked for the simplest solution. I have found the standard Barton furler (cost around £50) to work well. It is compact (I used the smaller of the two available but would perhaps prefer the bigger as there is room behind the forestay. The furling line feeds back through existing fittings for the downhaul to the downhaul cleat. I had a UV strip fitted and the hanks removed and replaced with a luff wire. Cost about £150 (Batt Sails Bosham).. It works well. A tendency to snag the forestay was overcome easily enough...

Cheers

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Return to Wanted Items