Treasurer

Advertise for wanted items here.....

Treasurer

Postby Chris Wicks » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi everyone,
We are still working behind the scenes (to be honest Dennis is the one with a lot of work on his hands) to see if we can become a proper association. Simon to whom we are all grateful for his efforts setting up the association wishes to hand over the role of treasurer. So are there any volunteers out there willing to look after the accounts. It is a minimal requirement given that our only income is from memberships and our only expenses maintaining the site and forum. But if the club develops the members will decide how funds are used.

So if you are willing to take on this role please reply here.....
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby Dennis » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Hello Chris

We may get more response if we make this post visible to the Non Association Members. Many of the recently registered "Non Association Members" want to pay and upgrade to full membership, but cannot do so until the Treasurers position is sorted. We are in a "chicken and egg" situation with these.

What do you (and others) think?
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi Dennis,
I thought it worth a try here, but you are right it is as well to open it up to anyone who is already a member or wants to become one.. Indeed it is worth approaching any of those currently active forum users who have recently got a boat or who are waiting a new one..

Charles and Ian indicated they are willing to take part in the VC but I don't know if they have access here or whether they might be interested in being treasurer. I could e mail or PM them but as Simon wishes to stand down there is effectively a committee vacancy.

I understand the way this site has developed most people can get everything they want from it without subscribing. But in the long term this is unsustainable hence our current efforts to encourage a membership.

Cheers

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Return to Wanted Items