Launch sites near Falmouth

Queries, notice of, questions or write ups regarding Non-Association events

Launch sites near Falmouth

Postby Dennis » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:10 pm

We are considering taking Mary Ann for a two week holiday in the South West next year.

Looking for a cottage in the Carrick Roads or Helford River area within easy reach of a mooring.

Anyone any experience or ideas for a suitable launching site with trailer parking and available moorings?

Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Falmouth Launch

Postby Nick Martin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:16 am

Couple of years ago I used the public slip at Mylor (free of course) .. all great .. easy access once at slip but slightly narrow roads as you get there .. I (as is my usal practice) travelled in the evening / night when very little traffic .. and slept in the boat on the car park / hard .. launching early am before it can get busy .. was able to park trailer and car at boat yard for a reasonable fee .. although I think I read there may be some development going on down there .. might be worth giving the yard a ring .. good spot for setting off to the Scillies if the weather's right .. I was able to pick up a local mooring while a shrimper was away! .. otherwise there's loads of places to anchor .. no doubt you could pay and go on the pontoons there or in Falmouth as a visitor .. just go for it!
Nick
Nick Martin
Non Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks Nick

It looks like Mylor is the place to be. I have had the same recommendation from a couple of members of the Trail Sail Association.

I will contact the boatyard and enquire about a mooring.

Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:27 pm

Dennis
We are planning another Cornwall holiday next summer. We'll probably stay in Truro, and Zephyr will be launched and kept at Mylor for the week. I might even make a video. ;-)
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Return to Non Association Events