The lord birkett party and race weekend

Queries, notice of, questions or write ups regarding Non-Association events

The lord birkett party and race weekend

Postby David Hudson » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:14 am

An invitation from Ullswater Yacht Club: Yachts and Yachting "Yacht Club of the Year 2010".

Join us next weekend, ( July 2 and 3 ), to celebrate Lord Birkett: the man who saved Ullswater from becoming a reservoir.

Participate in the 2 day 200 boat race with all night partying, live band and very late bar.

It couldn't be easier with teams to assist launching and recovery.

To get there turn West at the Penrith exit on the M6.

Location map: http://www.ullswateryachtclub.org/Co...1/Default.aspx
David Hudson
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Hello David

I wish I had known about this event earlier. I could have arranged to attend, unfortunately I am committed to other things now.

Sounds like a great event, not sure about the "[color="Red"]all night partying, live band and very late bar[/color]" though. (Probably an age thing!!!).

Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:36 am

I saw a lot of boats being trailed north on the M6 last night as I made my way home from Nelson.

+1 for concerns about the "all night partying, live band and very late bar" - and I'm not 50 yet!

We do have to get some events planned soon through - otherwise I'm going to defect to the Shrimpers!
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby David Hudson » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Light airs this year unfortunately. The fleet of c 200 ranged fom 49'ers to cruisers
with times corrected for the adjusted results.

We have ample camping space and probably more important, a well organised slipway.
We coped with Tempests, Flying Fifteens, Sonatas and Solings. Cape Cutters would be a doddle.

I will provide next year's dates when available, usually early July and I would be happy
to coordinate entries etc. The Saturday race starts at c 1300 hours and the Sunday at 1100 hours,
the results of the two being aggregated.

Until next year

David

PS the old enemy will be there. Roger Tushingham is a Club member and has a Shrimper with carbon spars!
David Hudson
CC19 Association Member

Return to Non Association Events