Chichester Harbour/Solent/IOW

Queries, notice of, questions or write ups regarding Non-Association events

Chichester Harbour/Solent/IOW

Postby Simon Head » Fri May 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi Everyone

Im sailing with my daughter next week (Son doing GCSEs), trailing down to Chichester marina Saturday, staying in the marina then sailing to Bembridge IOW Sunday and then Cowes and Yarmouth and other places in the Solent later in the week.

Anyone around?

Regards

Simon
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Fri May 27, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm planning to take Zephyr to Buckler's Hard on Thursday 3rd June. I'll be sailing for a couple of days then leaving her there for 5 weeks.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Shrimper19 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:48 pm

I'll be pottering around the Western Solent from Tuesday to Sunday. Will keep an eye out for you!
Shrimper19
Non Association Member

Postby Simon Head » Fri May 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Ill be in Yarmouth on Thursday leaving Friday (unfortunately missing the OGA Yarmouth Gaffers event) to get back to Chichester. Got to trail back on Saturday as my daughter has to be back at school on Monday.

For Shrimper.

its a White CC, hull 40 (on sail).
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Fri May 27, 2011 2:44 pm

I'll try and get to Yarmouth then for Thursday evening and head east with you on Friday. Get yourself a Twitter account and you can keep up with where Steve and I are:-

http://www.twitter.com/yachtzephyr

http://www.twitter.com/shrimper19
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Nearly!

Postby Ru88ell » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:02 pm

So, so near. Two white CC19's on the same bit of water - but failed to meet up. We arrived in Yarmouth as planned but Simon had been kicked out and went back to Chichester. We managed to blag it for the Thurday night on the promise that we'd be gone by 10am.

I did meet up with Shrimper19 though, which was nice. The Yarmouth Old Gaffers meet looked like a good weekend, and I would have liked to have stayed for it. I would put it in the diary for next year for sure. I'll be uploading a video of it later, and my blog (below) has more on what Zephyr and I got up to over three days.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Shrimper19 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 am

Simon,

I saw you heading West on Tuesday as we were going East to Cowes.

Russell,

It was good to meet you and Zephyr, and very smart she is too. Old Gaffers went very well with plenty of wind (and beer) all weekend. Had a good beat back on Sunday under two reefs and half a heads'l. Bring on the RTIR !
Shrimper19
Non Association Member

Return to Non Association Events