CC 19 Rally Whitsun 2022

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Re: CC 19 Rally Whitsun 2022

Postby Andrew Scullion » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:09 am

Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for taking on the organising. I know it is more work than it appears.

Ladybird is planning on joining, with the noisy crew!
However, Erin and Joshua are back at school on 6 June so they cannot extend the trip. Although I am quite happy to manage that and deal with the weather changes as it happens.
I could always as a last resort send them home on the train with Lyndsey and recover the boat myself.

If we are lucky with the weather again this trip will be fantastic.

I would like to say to all the less experienced Cape Cutter skippers, don't worry too much about the tone of the Clyde Cruising Club Sailing Directions and all the warnings.
These are written in a very precautious, "you can't say we didn't warn you" way to cover for those people of the world with more money than sense who keep the RNLI busy by buying a boat and taking it out with no experience, training or planning at all.
We will be fine, tides are predictable!

Andrew
Ladybird.
Andrew Scullion
CC19 Association Member

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:42 am

Hello Donald

I am very glad you will be with us, not only for your fellowship but also that you can provide some knowledge of the route. I will in fact PM you if I may to ask a few things for use in the planning

All the best

Malcolm
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:51 am

Hello Andrew

Delighted to know that you and the (even) younger generation will be sailing.

Thankyou for providing some reassuring perspective about the CCC’s descriptions. I remember thinking the passage of the Burnt Isles was nowhere near as tricky as they had described it.

All the best

Malcolm
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Postby Adam Bridger » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:14 pm

Malcolm
One way or another Meisje will be at the rally 2022
Adam bridger
Adam Bridger
CC19 Association Member

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Great to hear that Adam. Let’s hope Meisje doesn’t break as many bits as she did one night off Gt Cumbrae in a F7 in 2018!

Cheers

Malcolm
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:43 pm

Great to hear that Adam. Let’s hope Meisje doesn’t break as many bits as she did one night off Gt Cumbrae in a F7 in 2018!

Cheers

Malcolm
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Postby JBunce » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:01 am

Hi, we hope to be there with Fraoch, no. 111. I know she’s been there before, but this time it will be with Jonathan and Louise on board. I have fond memories of this area, having been a sailing instructor at Tighnabruaich sailing school about 40 years ago!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JBunce
CC19 Association Member

Postby PaulHardy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:49 pm

Dear Malcolm and Gary

Many thanks for getting this underway. I (with Stardust) am eager to attend. Happy for plan A, B, C,....and flexible re: dates.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Is it worth setting up a WhatsApp group? (I'm not currently a Facebook user - but perhaps I could retrieve my unloved account) It worked well for the Solent jamboree 2021.

BW

Paul
Stardust
PaulHardy
CC19 Association Member

Postby Archie Hardie » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:28 pm

Hello Malcolm,
I am Archie Hardie. I am the owner of Foxglove. I am based at Rhu marina on the northern end of the Firth of Clyde, near Helensburgh. I am loving sailing my Cape cutter 19! I will definitely join the rally, but probably only as far as Ardrishaig. I have been up and down the west coast north of Crinan many times, so would give that part of the rally a miss.
Looking forward to meeting fellow owners next year
Archie
Archie Hardie
CC19 Association Member

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:54 pm

Hello Paul

Very good that you will be with us.

The WhatsApp group is a good thought. I have now started one with the people who happen already to be on my WhatsApp contacts list, but in order to add others I think they need to provide their phone number and their WhatsApp name. So please can all members who will or may be coming to Clyde/Oban send those through to me on 07968 371188?

Cheers

Malcolm

PaulHardy wrote:Dear Malcolm and Gary

Many thanks for getting this underway. I (with Stardust) am eager to attend. Happy for plan A, B, C,....and flexible re: dates.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Is it worth setting up a WhatsApp group? (I'm not currently a Facebook user - but perhaps I could retrieve my unloved account) It worked well for the Solent jamboree 2021.

BW

Paul
Stardust
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

PreviousNext

Return to Association Events