CC19 Rally 2021

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Re: CC19 Rally 2021

Postby Paul Turner » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:35 am

Looks like Boris has written his 'roadmap' with our rally in mind. Step 2 on 12th April should allow you to get your boat in the water and get in some early season cruises so you look professional at the end of May. And Step 3 should see the pubs and restaurants reopen so we won't starve or run dry. If you've been holding back waiting for Boris's blessing now's your chance.

We currently have 15 boats and 25 - 30 people coming along.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby erbster » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:20 am

Great news, Paul. Can’t wait to get in the water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Andrew Scullion » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:44 pm

Paul Turner wrote:Now 12. Andrew and family are now signed up with Lady Bird.

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for being quiet on this, I have been over-stretched during the lockdown, working hard building my new website and trying to teach children.

We are all looking forward to getting Ladybird out again and joining you all at the rally.

With me being so busy building the thing I don't like to ask, but if any of you can spare some time I would appreciate any feedback on my new website that I have just launched for my online rope and rigging service.
nauticalrope.co.uk
Please let me know any ideas of how I can make it better?

Hopefully, see you soon at Lymington.
Andrew (Ladybird)
Andrew Scullion
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:05 am

Great to hear Team Scullion is joining us. The website looks good - clear and easy to navigate.
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Lee » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:06 am

Hi Paul

Fingers crossed this goes ahead.
I havent yet sailed "KIRA" having bought her just before the lock down and the upgrade on the trailer is not yet complete but i would really like to join you on this rally, it will help me immensely on learning how to sail and rig the CC19, please keep me in the loop and include me in any whatsapp group.

Cheers

Lee
Lee
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:17 pm

That's good news, Lee. I'm fairly confident the rally will go ahead. I'm not sure where you are based but I assume you'll be arriving by car and trailer. Can you let me have your details so that I can add you to the list - address, mobile, email, car reg. You can send them by SMS or WhatsApp to me 07557856779 or email to pauldamianturner@gmail.com
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:15 am

Latest Update on Rally Plans: We now have 17 boats signed up for the rally and provisional reservations in each of the selected locations. This is a great turnout but there's still room for more. The Solent is a great place to sail and this week will give you a chance to visit all the main beauty spots in the Western area.

We're starting in Lymington and the Harbour Authorities have allowed us to book the town quay pontoon which is normally only available on a first come, first served basis. So we'll have 16 CC19s (and a special guest Sadler) rafted up in the heart of Lymington. For the next few days we'll explore the sheltered waters including overnight stops at Cowes, Beaulieu and Yarmouth. These can be leisurely short hops or longer cruises depending on individual preferences. Basically the tides that week allow us to sail East during the day and West later in the afternoon.

Early Wednesday morning we plan a longer coastal cruise (20+ miles) to Poole, exploring the Harbour and spending the night at Poole Quay Boat Haven. On Thursday we'll sail back to Yarmouth to join the OGA rally in Yarmouth, hopefully, if the weather's kind, entering the Solent via the dramatic Needles Channel. The OGA Yarmouth rally will go on to the Sunday and will include a couple of friendly races and other cruises. Most boats will be returning to Lymington on Sunday for the journey home.

The catering side will be a mixture of restaurants, barbecues and takeaways. My initial enquiries have confirmed that restaurants are willing to accept bookings for multiple groups of 6 to comply with the expected restrictions in place from 17th May. The OGA are trying to arrange something with the Royal Solent Yacht Club for the Saturday evening.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby Andrew Scullion » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:11 am

A taster from our trip to the area in 2017

8 (1).jpg

7 (1).jpg

5 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew Scullion
CC19 Association Member

Postby NickC » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Hi Paul

I have managed to secure permission from TOH to join in ( it being her birthday week and all !! ) so please sign me up with Grilla.

Kind regards

Nick
NickC
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:29 pm

That's excellent, Nick. If everyone manages to make it I think this will be record numbers for a CC rally. I assume that you will be sailing in from Chichester rather than coming by road?

Can you let me have your mobile and I'll let you know what info I need to add you to the bookings. You can contact me by SMS or WhatsApp on 07557856779
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Association Events