Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Re: CC19 Rally 2021

Postby Tony Treen » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:07 pm

Ditto,

Some of us are older than you may think. In theory I should get my vaccination by the middle of February, fingers crossed.

Is it CC sailing, or the association comradeship, that keeps us looking and acting younger than we are?

Silver Sailers!!
Tony Treen
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi all. Despite all the uncertainties I'm trying to begin the planning for the proposed rally at the end of May. At the moment I think 6 boats have confirmed: PT, Charles, Alistair & Katie, Malcolm, Phil, and Tony. Have I missed anybody.

I can understand why others may be holding back but it would be useful to have an indication of actual numbers. If you could let me know if there's a good chance you would join us if restrictions are lifted. I'm reasonably confident that by the end of May the marinas will be open and there will be at least some hospitality. Expressing an interest won't commit you but it will enable me to talk sensibly to the marinas.

Although there haven't been many sailing events the marinas themselves are very busy. I suspect some people will be slow to get their boats in the water so the hard standing may also still be very full at the end of May. I have been in touch with Cobbs Quay, in Poole, which is likely to be our base, and they have asked for a better indication of numbers before committing. When expressing an interest it would be useful to know whether you would drive and launch at Poole or sail in. E. G. I assume that Charles, Phil and I will sail in from the Solent and the other 3 boats will drive and therefore require parking and launching facilities.

The good news is that the OGA have confirmed that we are very welcome to join their rally in Yarmouth for the weekend beginning 3rd June even though most of us aren't members. They're also planning a final cruise from Yarmouth to Poole on Sunday 6th June so if you're able to stay until Sunday you can join that cruise back to base.

The rest of the rally will be similar to that planned for 2020. The tides are more favourable than last year so less early mornings and we may get a bit further East before joining the OGA in Yarmouth. For those planning the return to Poole the tides will allow you to leave the Solent any time after 8am on the Saturday and a bit later on the Sunday and it's about 4 hours back to Poole.

There's already a WhatsApp group from last year which I will amend to include any new participants and remove those who can't make it. You can contact me on the forum or by SMS or WhatsApp (07557856779).

Hope to hear from you soon.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby Dennis » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:14 pm

Hello Paul

Put me down as a possible.

It depends on a number of things and of which the Coronavirus issues are only one. If the rally takes place, I will try to be there.
I would be a Saturday to Saturday participant, and of course I would be arriving by road.

Normally, I would be getting Mary Ann from her winter hibernation about half way through February and carrying out the necessary annual maintenance before launching her in early March. That is not going to happen this year. :(
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Thanks Dennis. It would be great to see you at the rally but I realise that for all of us there are a lot of uncertainties.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby Gary Oldfield » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:08 am

Thought I’d replied , but count me in ,as long as no one sabotages my mast this time
Gary Oldfield
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:20 pm

Your company is always welcome Gary.
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

CC19 Rally 2021

Postby Matthew L » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 pm

Hi everyone I would very much like to join the rally on Skylark should restrictions allow. Would hope to persuade one of my sons to come as well. The boat is based in Southampton so not sure we would get down to Poole could join when the rally gets to the Solent. Would be great to meet you all. Thanks Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matthew L
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi all
We've now got 11 boats signed up subject to various uncertainties. Good to see the regulars as well as some new faces.
Most of the 11 are on my Whatsapp group and the rest will be added as soon as they provide details.

6 boats trailing to Poole:
Moneypenny - Gary
Mary Ann - Dennis
Tystie - Alistair and Kate
Wadudu - Tony
Rondo - Malcolm
Cape Whisper - Donald

5 boats sailing in or joining in Solent
Sapphire - Paul
Aurora - Charles
Sea Badger II - Phil
Grace - Julian
Skylark - Mathew

These numbers might change a bit but I suspect not much so I can now start providing estimated numbers to the marinas.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:29 am

Matthew L wrote:Hi everyone I would very much like to join the rally on Skylark should restrictions allow. Would hope to persuade one of my sons to come as well. The boat is based in Southampton so not sure we would get down to Poole could join when the rally gets to the Solent. Would be great to meet you all. Thanks Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll be sailing from Gosport. Perhaps meet in Yarmouth on Friday night and sail to Poole on Saturday? ( I’ve not looked at tides yet)

Charles
Aurora
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Association Events