CC19 rally 2017 - your views please

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Re: CC19 rally 2017 - your views please

Postby erbster » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:10 pm

Thanks for your reply Malcolm; it's not too late to hear anyone's views.
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby David Peck » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Further to previous posts, I went to Holland this year in my Cape Cutter as planned and have organised, with the aid of some friends, a proposed route and itinerary for a Rally. I sailed the course and visited all the marinas and boat yards to find suitable launching sites and obtain their costs. I have also checked the various restaurants and clubs and facilities.

I intend to write up a report/review of the proposed route together with best ferries and times to take for optimal arrival at the launching site. It will also give the various options for launching and costs. I’m in the process of trying to obtain ferry discounts and hope to have the report/review for the proposed rally completed in a couple of weeks.

I will pass it to Dennis to put on the website somewhere for members to peruse and comment on. Hopefully, with some interesting pictures, it may encourage a few others. The proposed route and itinerary is for one week but leaves plenty of scope for others who may wish to take advantage of the location and stay longer to explore further afield.

Regards
David Peck
Whistling Rufus CC94
David Peck
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:16 am

Thanks for your work on this, David. I think this is an exciting plan and there seem to be a good group of owners who would wish to participate in such a trip. The committee will be making a decision on dates soon.
Last edited by erbster on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Robert Alston » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:32 pm

David, well done and I write to endorse everything erbster said.

Charles, you too need to accept a pat on the back for your work and we look forward to hearing what the consensus is on dates.

All the best,

Robert
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Re: CC19 rally 2017 - Any further news?

Postby Robert Alston » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Dear All

Well my 2016 season has come to an end and Vedette is now on her trailer for the winter and this makes me turn my attention to next year and with it thoughts about the CCA Rally plans for 2017.

David, it would be wonderful to see/hear about your cruise to the Netherlands this summer and to give us a taste of what might be in store! I hope you had a great time and I am sure you will have found plenty of good watering holes and restaurants not to mention some great sailing experiences.

Charles, is there a general consensus at to preferred dates yet?

I hope everyone has had a great season and nothing but happy memories/experiences and for me I also include the great week based in Chichester for this year's Rally and look forward to following next year's plan develop.

All the best

Robert Alston
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Re: CC19 rally 2017 - Any further news?

Postby David Peck » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Robert Alston wrote:Dear All

David, it would be wonderful to see/hear about your cruise to the Netherlands this summer and to give us a taste of what might be in store! I hope you had a great time and I am sure you will have found plenty of good watering holes and restaurants not to mention some great sailing experiences.

All the best

Robert Alston

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your interest in my cruise to Holland this summer. The trip was intended to try and work out a potential route and itinerary for a CC19 Rally for 2017 to take place in Holland. I have now completed a report giving my proposals and suggestions for this event and passed it on to Charles and Dennis to put somewhere, I hope, on the web-site. The proposal covers the location, travel, launching sites, marinas, restaurants, facilities, costs and documentation and charts required etc. There are lots of route charts and photos of the various places, so I’m hoping it will wet people’s appetite and interest in taking part.

If people have any questions or concerns raised by the report, I will try to answer them. If the Rally does not materialize, I hope the information will still be of interest to anyone planning to visit Holland at some future time.

Regards
David Peck
CC94 Whistling Rufus
David Peck
CC19 Association Member

Postby Robert Alston » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:03 am

Dear David

Thank you for your update. I hope you had a good time. My appetite has been wetted!
What would be of interest is how the cost might compare to a week in Chichester/IoW. I would guess at around 200% with the £ v. Euro.

I'm willing to pay an "extra" cost for what will be a foreign holiday but need to get a grip early on so I can budget accordingly. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Robert Alston
#108 Vedette
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Postby David Peck » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:30 am

Hello Robert,

I'm pleased to read that your "appetite has been wetted" for the proposed 2017 Rally in Holland.

If you care to send me a Private Message (PM) with an email address, I will send you a copy of my report giving all the costs etc., in advance.

Regards
David Peck
CC94 Whistling Rufus
David Peck
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello gentlemen

Please find attached David's excellent report/proposal for a CC19 rally in the Netherlands.

Please be aware that the attachment is about 3 MB, so it may take a little while to download.
I will also put the content of the report onto the Wordpress website to make it more easily accessible, hopefully in the near future.

Proposed Cape Cutter Rally for 2017 in Holland.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Simon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi Dennis,

Many thanks for making the report available and to David for an excellent, and very comprehensive, plan.

It would be good to have confirmation that the rally is going ahead and the dates in the relatively near future.

Best wishes
Simon Temple
CC87 "Sea Badger 2"
Simon
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Association Events