CC19 Rally 2016 - Chichester Harbour

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

CC19 Rally 2016 - Chichester Harbour

Postby Robert Alston » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a new CC19 Association member and acquired Vedette (#108) in August. She is now on the River Alde in Suffolk and that will be her "permanent" base next year but I would like to take advantage of the types trailability to sail in other areas.

I would be interested in joining in with Chichester, it is not an area I have sailed in previously so sailing in a flotilla would be very appealing. I have also been considering Scotland, both the Clyde and the Great Glen perhaps in August. For the future I would also be interested in trying Holland and the Frisian Lakes.......

Are we talking about meeting in Chichester in late May to tie-in with the BH weekend?

Robert Alston
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Re: CC19 Rally 2016 - Caledonian Canal anyone ???

Postby Dennis » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:11 pm

Robert Alston wrote:
Are we talking about meeting in Chichester in late May to tie-in with the BH weekend?

Robert Alston

We are indeed.

Watch this space. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Re: CC19 Rally 2016 - Chichester 28 May - 5 June

Postby Robert Alston » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Dennis

Please count me in with Vedette and crew. I look forward to hearing more details in due course.

All the best

Robert
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Postby James Badcock » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:34 pm

We are based in Emsworth in Chi harbour, keen to join you for some of this on board "caperberry". Happy to help with planning, I could find out if we can hold a social evening at Emsworth Sailing Club or Hayling Island Sailing Club if of interest. Will probably be restricted to joining you all for only a couple of days due to family/ work commitments.
I can probably persuade "moth" to join us (birdham).
Let me know if I can help.
James
James Badcock
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi James. It will be good if you can join us even if it's only for a couple of days and thanks for your offer to help with the organisation. Mike Brooke, the association president is organising next years event in Chichester and I actually met up with him today to help put together the outline programme which will be circulated shortly. When you get it you I'll see that Emsworth Sailing Club is already included for an overnight cruise and stay from our proposed base in Chichester Marina. I think Mike knows the people at Emsworth well and has already arranged in principle for us to have Supper at the club. I will give Mike your details and I'm sure he'll be I touch if he needs help with anything. Best Wishes. Paul.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Re: CC19 Rally 2016 - Chichester Harbour

Postby Dennis » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:26 am

Hello All

I have split this topic to separate the Chichester based event from the other potential 2016 ralleys.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:59 am

The initial planning is all done, you can find it here: http://capecutter19association.org/inte ... week-2016/

Let's see if we can exceed last years attendance, 16 in 2016 is a natural progression. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:00 am

Kaliope can't make it from Greece, but the crew of Kaliope will be there. We have booked flights and will stay at our flat nearby. We are happy to help out as boats arrive and will be around all week until the Friday... We fly back on Sat 4th.... I love walking the harbour so can happily lead some non sailing events (on foot if anyone is interested)... Last November I made a short flying trip from Goodwood over the harbour and Isle of Wight... Here is a link if anyone want to take a look... Fast forward the first 6 minutes and you will pick up the flight from the harbour onwards... www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZRC1Vek8no
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby Paul Turner » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:36 am

OK. We're off to a good start. We now have 6 boats signed up for the marina plus two local boats joining for part of the week plus Chris as an international visitor.

The 6 boats are:

Paul Turner - Sapphire 125
Dennis Ogle - Mary Ann 100
Charles Erb - Aurora 86
Robert Alston - Vedette
Bob and Loretta Steel - Irene 127
Paul Roper - Fraoch 111
The two local boats are:

James Badcock - Caperberry 102
Stewart Grant - Moth 54

I'll send a more detailed entry form out shortly.

Having just looked at the Owners List I'm now not sure whether Moth is a local Chichester boat are will be travelling from the East Coast which is where the Owners List say she is based. I'll check with Stewart.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby Dennis » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:40 am

An excellent start.

That gives us three blue, two red and one green boat. All we need now is a white one to complete the set. :D

Don't forget we also have our President with his motor launch.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Next

Return to Association Events