CC19 Rally 2016 - Caledonian Canal anyone ???

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Re: CC19 Rally 2016 - Caledonian Canal anyone ???

Postby erbster » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:41 pm

We were considering just that, David (though I think we would struggle with four bikes!).
I'd love to go to Scotland with Aurora, but I don't think thats on the cards with the family at the moment.
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Julian Fisher » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:24 am

Joan and I were very disappointed to miss this year's jamboree and we will be enthusiastic for any of the stated options. Hopefully, the dreaded business commitments will not be such an issue by next year.
Julian Fisher
CC19 Association Member

Re: CC19 Rally 2016

Postby Dennis » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:40 am

Hello all

Lots of options being suggested. :)

I suppose we can regard this thread as the start of the organisation for next year's rally.

As I see it, we have an offer on the table from Mike Brooke to organise an event based on Chichester Harbour although I do not think a date has been arranged or suggested. Any alternative venues will require someone else to do the necessary work. Charles did a superb job of organising this year's event, as did Russell in 2014. I am in no illusion as to how much work is involved, so if we are to choose a venue other than Chichester Harbour, it needs to come with a volunteer or volunteers willing to do the necessary work.

Three questions which need answers:
1. Where?
2.When?
3. Who?
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:39 am

Hi Dennis
I was hoping to see Mike Brooke at the boat show today but no Honnor Marine stand this year.

In response to your questions I think we should definitely take Mike up on his offer to organise a week in Chichester. It's a great area and I'm sure Mike will do a great job. As I'm fairly local I'm happy to help with anything if he wants any help. Are you in touch with him or would you like me to make contact to start agreeing dates etc.

However that doesn't rule out a second event. I'd be keen and in future years I'd be happy to organise something on the South Coast but wouldn't make sense in same year as Chichester particularly as we did Falmouth last year. How about Semaine du Golfe de Morbihan in 2017 ( I don't think it happens in 2016). I'd be happy to help organise that.

I'd be keen on a Scottish trip but there's no point in me volunteering to organise it. It would need someone who knows the area.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby Runrig » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:03 pm

So many options, so little 'sailing time'....and all of them very appealing
If Chichester is to be arranged has anyone contacted Mike to confirm his involvement?
Just to add to the melee on the sail around Anglesey there was discussion about the joys of sailing the sheltered west coast of Scotland; launching at Largs and touring the Clyde, Loch Fyne and possibly the Crinnan Canal.
What chance:
Chichester as the International Week in 2016
Scotland (Great Glen or West Coast to be discussed) later in the season. Late August? 2016
Holland as the international Week 2017
Scotland or Wales (Milford Haven, Anglesey) later in the season 2017?
Lots of time to plan over the coming dark nights.
Paul
(Fraoch)
Runrig
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:55 pm

Paul Turner wrote:Hi Dennis

In response to your questions I think we should definitely take Mike up on his offer to organise a week in Chichester. It's a great area and I'm sure Mike will do a great job. As I'm fairly local I'm happy to help with anything if he wants any help. Are you in touch with him or would you like me to make contact to start agreeing dates etc.

Hello Paul

Thank you for the offer, which I am sure will be gratefully received by everyone.
I am happy for you to make contact with Mike and start the ball rolling. Charles and I are also willing to help as required.

I have promoted you to "Virtual Committee Member" status to enable you to communicate with the rest of the VC when necessary.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Re: CC19 Rally 2016

Postby Simon Head » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi

I would be interested in a cruise from Largs taking in Arran (Lamlash opposite Holy Island- possible visit to the buddhist monastry), Cambletown, Lochranza, Portavadie and back.

Ive done the Clyde a couple of times- a great sail, although my depth sounder did go haywire when a nuclear sub passed under us and emerged 3 miles further up the Clyde when we were on the way to Arran!

The areas to cruise around the Clyde are limitless, with day sails around Little Cumbrae, the Kyles of Bute etc all within reach.

Its also quite sheltered especially the upper reaches to the Kyles of Bute.

A great area to organise a meet, especially with its proximity to the motorways to Glasgow.

Anyone interested?

Kind regards

Simon

www.inspiration19.com
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:43 pm

If the timing is right I'll definitely join a Scotland cruise. I'll leave it to others to decide exactly where as I've never sailed in Scotland and have no idea of best areas. We will agree a date for the Chichester week in the next few weeks. We'll probably offer two alternatives (May bank holiday or July) but I suspect May is likely. It would be good to arrange a time for the Scottish trip as well perhaps later in the season.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Re: Scotland

Postby Simon Head » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:16 pm

Assuming the Holyhead Old Gaffers is not the August BH (some talk of it not being next year) this would be a date for Scotland. I would be up for it and would be one of the joint organisers.

From now on I want to try and support the OGA Hoyhead event if I am available.

Regards

Simon

www.inspiration19.com
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Re: Scotland

Postby erbster » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Simon Head wrote:Assuming the Holyhead Old Gaffers is not the August BH (some talk of it not being next year) this would be a date for Scotland. I would be up for it and would be one of the joint organisers.

From now on I want to try and support the OGA Hoyhead event if I am available.

Regards

Simon

http://www.inspiration19.com

Likewise, I'd like to go to the Holyhead regatta again next year. I believe it will be 20-21 Aug (the weekend before the Aug bank hol)
erbster
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Association Events