International Cape Cutter 19 Week - 2014

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

International Cape Cutter 19 Week - 2014

Postby Ru88ell » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:52 am

Date: 24th - 31st May 2014

Location: Falmouth. Launching at Mylor Harbour where there is a good free to use ramp, or hoist and tractor if you want to pay for it. It's quite a way from most places, but motorways and the A30 give great access for those coming from afar.

Attractions: Perhaps one of the best sailing areas in the World. Protected sailing areas if the weather is extreme, beautiful anchorages and good marinas. Plenty to do ashore too.

Plans: It's early days yet, but we would hope to be able to make passage to Helford, maybe Mevagissey, up the river to Truro

We'd certainly want to make it worthwhile for owners to travel from Germany and the Netherlands, as we'd want to go there in the future.

For those not living afloat can I suggest that you start looking at accommodation?

Please express your interest below.

Those stating an interest so far:
Russell - mothership
Dennis - Mary Ann
Charles - Aurora
Paul Roper - Fraoch
Paul Turner - newboat in build
Richard Rickard - Nettie
Julian Fisher - new boat in build, but coming anyway.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Hello Russell

Sounds like a great idea. :)

I am definitely interested.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Sounds great!
We would certainly be interested.
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Fri May 24, 2013 10:11 am

I'm going to the Solent this weekend to do some more preparation for this week event next year. I do hope we get a crowd to make it worthwhile.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Wed May 29, 2013 8:40 am

What would people expect to see from this?

a) Would it be preferential if we used marina's every night, so it can be 'sold' to 'other halves'?

b) What would be the maximum acceptable number of hours 'on the water' in a day?

c) Are people happy to self cater on board?

d) Would people want to sail each day, or would they prefer a 'lay day' to do something else?

Any other ideas to attract more members?
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Heres my two penneth. We would expect to be four aboard- myself, the good lady and two kids. It would be especially important to me that the kids had a good time, which would strongly influence my vote on this.

Might anyone else bring kids?

Ru88ell wrote:What would people expect to see from this?

a) Would it be preferential if we used marina's every night, so it can be 'sold' to 'other halves'?

I would like to spend at least half of the nights in a marina, but at least one night on the pin and/or taking the ground.

b) What would be the maximum acceptable number of hours 'on the water' in a day?

For my family, I work on a notional max of 3ish hours of passage.

c) Are people happy to self cater on board?

I would favour a mix of self cater and eating out, as the latter is much more sociable and the CC is too small to host a dinner party!

d) Would people want to sail each day, or would they prefer a 'lay day' to do something else?

A lay day has the advantage of building in some flexibility if the weather is capricious.

Any other ideas to attract more members?

Evening ents? What if several people organised one evening entertainment- seem could be related to a specific location (eg ?bowling), others would just need a (forewarned) location (eg quiz night). I would be happy to organise the latter.
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Just to open this up again, I wouldn't be able to attend an event in Chichester, but would be happy to do so in Falmouth area. I can visualise an event based at Mylor. There's a very accommodating club (http://www.myloryachtclub.org.uk), good launching, with craning in as an option, trailer storage, cafe and restaurants, great walks, Falmouth with all it has to offer, St Mawes, Helford, Fal River, etc, etc. It's a fabulous place, and when the sea is a rough as hell the Carrick Roads can be flat!

Who would be up for it?
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

International Week 2014

Postby Runrig » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:56 pm

I am happy for the chance to sail in company with other CCs in Solent or Falmouth, both sound like good cruising grounds.
I would possibly have family for half a week and solo sail or have a sailing friend along for the second half. Early days but nice to plan over the winter.
Paul
Runrig
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:42 am

I concur with Russell- Mylor is a very good location- lots of places to visit, shelter if weather poor, anchorages. Had a lovely fortnight there in the summer just gone.

Would it still be Whitsun? The school holidays are filling up fast in this family....
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:44 am

I've updated the first post to reflect a change of venue to Falmouth.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Next

Return to Association Events