International Cape Cutter 19 Week - 2014

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Postby Ru88ell » Tue May 20, 2014 1:10 pm

If you want to see what's happening when we're in Mylor and Falmouth next week there are a few options. Firstly, Charles and myself will upload photos to the Cape Cutter 19 Facebook page on a daily basis.

https://www.facebook.com/capecutter19

There are already 159 people following this page, and many of them are outside the UK.

Then there are the webcams at Mylor. There are two of them. We will be mooring on the Eastern pontoon. You might be able to see the comings and goings. On Saturday lunchtime onwards we'll all be launching in sight of the Eastern camera.

http://www.mylor.com/yacht-harbour/marina/webcams-2/
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

best wishes for Mylor....

Postby Chris Wicks » Thu May 22, 2014 7:17 am

We will enjoy seeing lots of great photos and stories of the ICC19week at Mylor. I would so like to have joined in with Kaliope. Please have a look at Facebook (those who don't use it) as it is the most useful way of getting wide public interest. From that huge platform you encourage so many people to gain interest and then they are directed to our specific website for the cape cutter 19 association. It works very well. Anyway have a brilliant time...
Cheers
Chris and Kathryn Wicks
Kaliope CC19 67
Pelion
Greece
http://www.facebook.com/theolivestorecottage
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby SimonW » Thu May 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Very sorry that we couldn't be there. I am wishing for good weather for all attending and a great week in what is one of the finest sailing locations in the country and my favourite marina:)
SimonW
CC19 Association Member

Video at Carrick Roads

Postby Dennis » Thu May 29, 2014 11:10 pm

I have just posted approx 3 minutes of HD video on the CC19 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/capecutter19#!/photo.php?v=882852941741181amp;set=vb.463055300387616amp;type=2amp;theater

I have also added it to Youtube (much better quality). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JktefU-suc

It is not often there are three CC19s sailing side by side.

Great fun. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Sat May 31, 2014 9:48 pm

Charles and Dennis are packing away, and I'm the only one left afloat. It's been a fantastic week, with some spectacular weather. We even had a display by the Red Arrows today to finish it all off.

That's me done though. I promised to organise an event with more than two CC19's, and now it's happened. Hopefully, those who came will put some words and pictures together to show others how much fun can be had if you're prepared to tow your boat. You should aim for 10 boats next year, although I doubt that I'll be there with 'Lucy the mothership'!

I'd like to thank the committee for the superb Stourbridge Crystal cut glass mug. It was a lovely thought, and much appreciated.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Thank you all

Postby Runrig » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:25 am

Just to say a big thank you to all who attended The Cape Cutter Week. It was a great event.
Special thanks to Russell for organising and supporting with 'Lucy' through the week. Also many thanks to all the experienced hands who provided pointers through the week and especially when rigging on how things could be improved - I changed things in a few days I may never have thought of doing without drawing on the experience of others.
For the future I would heartily recommend the week to all CC owners for the fun and experience it provided. It is a great way to see how others organise their boats, share experience and cruise new waters.
So for the future - where next year? Chichester? East Coast? Milford Haven? Clyde and Western Isles? New thread needed?
Cheers
Paul
Runrig
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:12 am

I enjoyed it too; it was so enjoyable to sail in the company of other Cape Cutters. There are always new tips to pick up and it is interesting to see the different ways in which the same thing can be achieved.

Plans are afoot to offer something next season. I have written a survey to find out what sort of event people want; the committee are looking at it at the moment and we'll let you know when it has gone live.
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Photos

Postby Mylor » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Hello all

I have started an album of photos of the Mylor event. All the participants have the ability to contribute, please read your PM if you need to know how.

Regards

Dennis
Mylor
Non Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:24 pm

I rushed out a video today of the bits I filmed. I cocked up the titles, so ignore that bit. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MuSK11nqXQ
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Re: International Cape Cutter 19 Week - 2014

Postby Ru88ell » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:15 pm

I was at Mylor Yacht Club last week, and I'm pleased to inform the class that the CC19 Class Flag is now framed and mounted on the wall with those of other classes.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Association Events