2024 Kielder Big Regatta.

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

2024 Kielder Big Regatta.

Postby Dennis » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:23 pm

Capecutter 19 invitation to 2024 Kielder Big Regatta.

This is an absolutely fantastic event, all sorts of crafts from wind surfers to motor boats are on the water, following the Ferry around the lake. Everyone is asked to dress their boats in flags if possible.

Kielder Yacht Club have invited the Capecutter 19 Association to participate in this event.

The outline plan is: Arrive anytime on Friday 19th July. Launch boats at Kielder Yacht Club, assistance will be available if needed. Rest of day is free to explore the lake.

Saturday is the Flotilla where there will be a drinks reception at the Kielder yacht club then sail to Leaplish in convoy where we then have hospitality in the wigwams, after our tummies are full we can then sail home to KYC at our leisure.

On Sunday we are welcome to use the lake to race if we wish or simply sail in company to see more of the lake then we can either slip and retrieve to head home or stay another night and leave on Monday.

The club has excellent facilities, having a shower, toilets and a galley for cooking.

The club would be asking £30 per boat ( you can have as many in your boat as you like) for the full weekend which would include the tea party, use of the lake and all the club facilities.

If we are interested KYC could make a plan for a BBQ or they could book our party into a local pub for dinner etc.

If you are interested please let me know as soon as possible so that KYC can have the numbers for catering.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Re: 2024 Kielder Big Regatta.

Postby RichardWoods » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Dennis,
Interested - Richard CC113 IRIS
Richard Woods
RichardWoods
CC19 Association Member

Postby Steve Bradley » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:28 am

Hi Dennis,

I would like to attend with Kathy (wife) in Bandoola (#11)

It will be our first cc19 event and my 65th birthday (22/7) so we’re quite excited about attending…

Steve
Steve Bradley
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:07 am

Hi Steve

Looking forward to meeting you.

I will keep you posted.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis