Windermere Sept 2023

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Windermere Sept 2023

Postby bellalistair » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:25 am

There is half a suggestion circulating of a long weekend on Ullswater or more probably Windermere, possibly around the Old Gaffers Association BBQ on the 10th September. So something like Friday launch sail locally, Saturday sail to Ambleside, moorings/ pub jetty, Sun sail down lake to South Windermere SC joining OGA BBQ (anchor or possibly SC/YMCA jetty), Monday sail down to Fellfoot and then back to Bowness area, Tues depart.
On Windermere pontoon/jetty berths are more hard to come by, public jetties are 2hrs max, easier option is moorings or anchoring. Any mechanical propulsion = lake licence, so leave your engine at home and bring a paddle :-D licences are £47 for the year at first registration. Launch is at Ferry Nab with great slipway/parking facilities, or perhaps the marina next door.

If you are interested in a Lakeland weekend then shout up and we'll see if the half a suggestion can turn into a plan / event!

Alistair
Last edited by bellalistair on Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bellalistair
CC19 Association Member

Re: Possible Windermere Sept 2023

Postby Dennis » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:28 pm

Hi Alistair

Sounds a great idea.

Unfortunately, (for me) I will be at Windermere during the week before, and departing (with caravan) on 9th Sep. :( If only I had known a couple of months ago I would have made alternative arrangements.

I can confirm however that the launching/recovery facilities at Ferry Nab are excellent with good parking for cars and trailers.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Re: Possible Windermere Sept 2023

Postby bellalistair » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:03 pm

Sorry to hear that Dennis, perhaps we might see you on Friday evening
bellalistair
CC19 Association Member

Re: Windermere Sept 2023

Postby bellalistair » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:40 pm

Windermere is now coming together 3 boats signed up (Tystie, Stardust & Wadudu) at least one other hoping to be there.
Friday - Monday, joining the Old Gaffers on the Sunday at South Windermere SC, launching at Ferry Nab (the adjacent marina doesn't have any holiday berths available).
bellalistair
CC19 Association Member

Return to Association Events