Five Rivers of Devon 2023 - Rally Quiz

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Five Rivers of Devon 2023 - Rally Quiz

Postby PaulHardy » Mon May 22, 2023 8:31 pm

Five Rivers of Devon 2023 – Rally Quiz and Prizes

Dear Cape Cutter 19s

This year will see the well-established competitive element of the fleet being satisfied by a variety of challenges:

1. Traveller’s Trophy – set your car odometer/trip on leaving home. Who has made the greatest effort to arrive in Devon to attend this year’s Rally (…..or who took the wrong route)?. Let me know your mileage.

2. Treasure Hunt around Plymouth Sound – in part to set a challenge for the early arrivers to occupy their Friday/Saturday with a profitable day’s sail. However, the eagle eyed can do most of the Treasure Hunt when they launch and on the sail through Tamar to Yealm.
(It would be useful to print off the questions and check the route required as they are not set in a logical sequence….it is a hunt after all!)

3. Timed trials:
Passage ‘A’: Transit Plymouth Breakwater to first port hand buoy at entrance to Yealm a-beam (Monday 29 May….it will take approx. 6hr from Calstock Viaduct to Yealm Pontoon at 3 knots average – a time penalty of 6 hours will be added for any boat arriving after 1930 at Yealm Yacht Club for supper)
Passage B: Transit Torquay Harbour entrance to transit Dartmouth Castles (Passage to Torquay is our reserve ‘bad weather contingency leg’ so may be discarded. Any boat choosing to stay on the Dart 31 May – 2 June will be disqualified if the Rally organisers deem it is safe to sail!)
Let me know your total elapsed times and I’ll have a think as to whether I believe you….!)
A + B = elapsed time (minutes)

4. Boat reaching the highest/most northerly navigation point on the Dart 2 June AND STILL MAKING THE BBQ BY 1930. Late comers to the BBQ will be excluded from the results (and will be eating undercooked sausages!)

5. The Ian Clark Motoring Award
A further prize will be awarded regarding ‘use of engine’. This may be for greatest use of engine, least use of engine or best use of engine. Rally organisers to judge the most appropriate winner!.....so keep a record of engine use total minutes during this Rally or specific event requiring engine use

Good Luck!

Paul
CC19 - Stardust
PaulHardy
CC19 Association Member

Return to Association Events