Cape Cutter Rally May-June 2023

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Cape Cutter Rally May-June 2023

Postby PaulHardy » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:09 am

Hello Sailors!

Just an update re: Five Rivers of Devon Rally - Saturday 27 May - Saturday 3 June

I now have 14 boats currently signed up for this event which is shaping up nicely.

We launch on the River Plym, Plymouth on Saturday 27 May. Following a restful night in a Yacht Haven Marina the adventure starts with an exploration of the upper reaches of the River Lynher. That night we will have a great view of the Brunnel Rail Crossing of the Tamar, from our pontoon. Then catch the flood tide up the River Tamar. Depending upon your adventurous spirit and happiness with muddy banks we should get to Cotehele....or Calstock. The ebb will take us out of Plymouth Sound and around to the River Yealm. Stops at Salcombe, Dartmouth and Torquay are planned prior to returning to the River Dart. Again a flood tide should carry us up past Dittisham and onto Totnes. Friday 2 May will see the survivors enjoying a 'beach' BBQ and prize giving. Saturday am we retrieve cars/trailers from Plymouth in preparation for haul out at Galampton Creek Saturday pm.

There is always the opportunity to sail back to Plymouth, for those who wish to join me and who are flexible re: work, as Stardust lives on the River Yealm.

There are a couple of days which are 'negotiable' in case the weather is not to our liking.

So, if you are not already signed up please let me know. There is more 'noise' on the Cape Cutter Rally 2023 WhatsApp group and information will be posted by email too. If you'd like to know more you could always give me a call.

Paul Hardy
CC19 - Stardust
PaulHardy
CC19 Association Member

Return to Association Events