Forward berth pockets to come unstuck

For anything not covered by the above categories.....

Postby Ru88ell » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:37 pm

So you've sort of changed the layout into a Shrimper? :D

How many coats did you apply?
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Ru88ell wrote:So you've sort of changed the layout into a Shrimper? :D

How many coats did you apply?

Er yes!

The advantage is that Rochdale is much nearer than Rock :rolleyes:

Two coats.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Just a small update.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/90852512@N06/sets/72157632553996746/show/

Link to slide show of photos showing cabin cupboards/storage mods.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby David Hudson » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Clever Dick!

Dennis that looks fantastic.... why didn't I hear you on Gardners' Question Time?

A Happy New Year to you all.

David

ps

Especially to Ru88ell the Rottweiler. I gather you have been breaking the right "eggs".
I'm sorry I couldn't hang about to watch developments but I've now got a Benny 285
on Ullswater, having sold my 235.

Anyone coming past on the way to Scotland, pm me and and have an overnight stay.
David Hudson
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:25 pm

David Hudson wrote:Dennis that looks fantastic.... why didn't I hear you on Gardners' Question Time?

Simple, I sail (single handed) whilst "the crew" stays at home and gardens :D

Happy new year David.

(Explanation, GQT was broadcast from my home village at the back end of last year)
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby David Peck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Forward berth pockets

Hi Dennis,

That looks fantastic!

I’m also impressed that you have found a way (flicker) of accessing pictures from the post without having to “log in”. I think this is important as Honnor Marine do so little sales advertising/promotion, the only way to get our class known is through our website and there is nothing more annoying than finding you have to log in to follow what someone is explaining or to see what they have done! I did once ask Simon how David Hudson managed to put a picture of the “Ideal Tender” up on a post directly but never got an answer (I do have that ideal tender now as it happens and because it packs so small and is so light Pere Noel managed to get it down the chimney!!). I think you should give us a write up on the “flicks” method!

However, having now admired your “Chippendale/Boulle work” and seen your excellent account of your Friesland Cruise with all that mouth-watering dining, I am getting very concerned about the increase in size of your water line!!! I think you should put your boat on a weighbridge and confess!!!:D Alternatively, you could tow it down to Brittany for “La Semaine du Golfe” and prove me wrong, rather than take the soft option to flat Holland again!

Regards
David Peck
CC94 Whistling Rufus
David Peck
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Hello David

Thanks for the comments.

Russell is the expert on the Flickr thing. He has already posted instructions in the thread "Sharing Images".
I will use this method more often because I keep hitting the 100 image maximum permitted by this website.
Incidently, I stay "logged in" to this site, so for me it is not an issue (just check the "Remember Me" box to the right of "Username" and make sure that you have cookies enabled on your computer). However by putting the images on Flickr, guests (including non members) can see the images which otherwise would not be available to them.

I agree with you about the lack of movement on the HM website, I think there is a marketing opportunity being missed. :(

I also have thought about the increasing weight of "Mary Ann". Indeed I weighed the wooden storage "pockets" plus the cupboards & drawers etc before fitting, only 12Kg. Not too bad I think.

The increasing weight of the crew due to gastronomic experiences however is another matter. :rolleyes:

I could of course replace my 27Kg HM mast with a nice carbon fibre one like yours, that will restore the status quo. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby David Peck » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for reassuring me that my fears for your water line were (mostly) unfounded.

My concerns regarding viewing pictures directly from a forum post, without logging in, are mainly directed towards guests and non- members who are not registered and cannot therefore access the photo albums. It always seems a pity that they are unable to see some of things we have done with our boats and are talking about in the posts. It means that only a handful of us ever view them and the vast majority of visitors to the site just pass on. Perhaps going to the “flicks” will change that?

Regards,
David Peck
CC94 Whistling Rufus
David Peck
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:37 pm

David Peck wrote:
My concerns ...... mainly directed towards guests and non- members who are not registered and cannot therefore access the photo albums. It always seems a pity that they are unable to see some of things we have done with our boats and are talking about in the posts. It means that only a handful of us ever view them and the vast majority of visitors to the site just pass on.

Hello David

I am with you 100% on this point.

It has been discussed before in a thread called "Forum update newsletter".

No satisfactory conclusion though!
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi David. Are you going to Morbihan in May?
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Technical