Anti-fouling --- which one?

The prime movers for your Cape Cutter 19.....

Anti-fouling --- which one?

Postby Greybeard » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Not strictly a CC19 question but more of a general query. I now have a GRP Lune Whammel trailer-sailer which has, I think been anti-fouled from new, about 8 or so years ago. There are a few areas that have been touched in over the years, presumably to cover scrapes etc. The paint is of a type that doesn't rub off when you touch it, as did the awful stuff that was on Falcon. Are there any recommendations from the team as to what I might use to paint over the existing finish to make her look as tidy below the waterline as she does above? :o
Spending all her spare time on a trailer doesn't really justify the expense of anti-fouling, but as summink has already been smeared on I suppose I'm stuck with it now.

Steve
Greybeard
CC19 Association Member

Re: Anti-fouling --- which one?

Postby Chris Wicks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi Steve, on my CC19 I have used Hemple Tiger Extra for the past few years, a hard antifouling that does a good job. When we bought our Lune Whammel last year it had a very smart black antifouling with some old original red showing through in a few areas. I don't know what antifouling it was. But I stuck with Tiger Extra and it continues to do a good job. As long as the original is clean and secure I doubt it matters what hard antifouling you go for.

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Re: Anti-fouling --- which one?

Postby Greybeard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Thanks, Chris. I'll have a look at that.

Steve
Greybeard
CC19 Association Member

Return to Hull, Rigging and Sails