Coppercoat touch-up

The prime movers for your Cape Cutter 19.....

Coppercoat touch-up

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:48 pm

I recently had to buy (from the manufacturer) the smallest available quantity of Coppercoat to touch up some refilled scores in the gel coat (kind souls who rescued my boat on the slip at Chichester may remember how I got them!).

I needed literally 5 teaspoons of each element of the product, so as 250 ml of each is the smallest quantity they supply, I have 240 ml left. I sincerely hope I won't need any more touch up during the shelf life of one year, so if anyone wants what is left, it is available. Fresh - just two weeks old and lids taken off only on one day. Postage plus a reasonable contribution to the cost secures.

Of course, if I don't improve my launching technique I might be asking for some back!

I'm not sure about Forum protocol - please respond by whatever means is appropriate. I'm not sure how to do a private message either, but if anyone needs my email its mcnhj@tiscali.co.uk

All the best

Malcolm Sadler
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Re: Coppercoat touch-up

Postby Robert Alston » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:14 am

Hello Malcolm

I have only just spotted your post. I am interested in touching up Vedette's copper coat around the leading edges of the rudder and around the bilge keels and along the waterline where I have found weed growth at the end of last season. If you still have unwanted product I am happy to pay you for it and for delivery. I hope you are well and look forward to hearing from you.

Robert Alston
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:20 am

Robert

This post is really to close off the string so others know the Copper Coat has now been taken. I trust it will be sufficient to cover those areas you need to touch up.

I do hope that circumstances will allow you to join us on the Rally.

All the best

Malcolm
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Postby Robert Alston » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Thanks Malcolm

I collected the CC on Saturday from Peter and I hope the payment to your account has gone through successfully. You ought to have got it on Saturday 26th Feb.

All the best.

Robert Alston
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Return to Hull, Rigging and Sails