Gelcoat RAL Colors

The prime movers for your Cape Cutter 19.....

Gelcoat RAL Colors

Postby Dave de Groot » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Hello,

Me and my brother just purchased a second hand Cape Cutter 19, Hull 81 here in The Netherlands. The boat is in great condition, but there are some spots where the gelcoat have suffered some damage. I want to order gelcoat to repair these spots. Could anybody tell me what are the RAL numbers of the gelcoat used by Honnor Marine for the Cape Cutters 19. Our hull is standard blue and the topside the standard creme color.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Dave
Dave de Groot
Non Association Member

Postby Dennis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:19 am

Hello Dave

Send Bob Brown (Honnor Marine) an e-mail (info@capecutter19.com). He will supply small quantities of gel coat for minor repairs.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Gelcoat blue

Postby Paul Turner » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:57 pm

I've just ordered some from Bob as Dennis suggests. £10 for 250 ml ( I dropped the anchor !!)

Paul
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby Dave de Groot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi everybody,

I understand I can obtain the gel coat from Bob (thank you Dennis), but that was not my question. The question was if anybody knows the color codes of the standard colors (blue and creme color) used by HM.

Regards Dave
Dave de Groot
Non Association Member

Postby Greybeard » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Dave, I do have a set of RAL colour chips which I could compare with Falcon when I get her home at the end of the month. The only problem is that my boat (along with the two other CCs at Kileder) is a SA built one. i would imagine that Bob probably uses the same blue but from memory the cream appears to vary a little.

I'd be happy to let you know the ones that appear right for Falcon if you wish, otherwise the charts/colour chips are available via the likes of ebay pretty cheaply - search for RAL K7 Classic. I'm sure Bob would be able to tell - he does reply to emails ----------- eventually ;-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAL-K7-Classic-Colour-Chart-Swatch-Fan-BRAND-NEW-LATEST-2014-VERSION-/111157202554?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3amp;hash=item19e17c4e7a

Steve
Steve (Treasurer) East Yorkshire
Ex-CC19 Falcon - Hull number 39 - 2003 that is now berthed in South Australia
Greybeard
CC19 Association Member

Return to Hull, Rigging and Sails