Howto install a forestay?

The prime movers for your Cape Cutter 19.....

Howto install a forestay?

Postby zimp » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:04 pm

We bought our Capecutter (second hand / hull #4) with the stay-sail on a furler and without a fore-stay.
I don’t like that construction so I want to install a fore-stay.

I want to make a hard point on the bow like the enclosed picture I found on the forum (I think from “Black Sheep”).
But how do I make the construction at the top of the mast?
I want to install a Ronstan swivel, with fore-stay guard(see picture), but I'm still not sure that this will prevent interference between the fore-stay and the stay-sail halyard.
Does anybody has pictures about the construction of the mast-top of a capecutter with a fore stay and a stay-sail on a furler?
Thanks for your advice.

Zimp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zimp
Non Association Member

Postby Simon Head » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:25 am

Hi

I think that the photo is my boat Hull 40 Halcyon.

I used the fitting for the hanked on staysail to mount the furler. I also use the forestay protector.

Never had any problems.

The only thing to bear in mid is to mount the furling drum with a spacing shackle.

Regards

Simon
Hull 40 "Halcyon"
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Postby zimp » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:07 pm

thanks for the information!

My mastband has only one lug at the front-side. But I have to connect the fore-stay and the stay-sail halyard to the mast band.

I assume this can be done by using en couple of shackles but may there is a more elegant way to do this.

Zmp
zimp
Non Association Member

Return to Hull, Rigging and Sails